The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What about the cpu? Could I just stick with the garbage I have? I was actually thinking about getting a graphics card but not if I have to get a whole new set up. I just am not living like that right now

Im a poverty gamer brehs, I just want some online fighting game action:sadcam:
You might be better off just buying another 360 off of someone and using your hard drive and games. You can probably get one for around $100 off craigslist or ebay. Maybe even Gamestop or Amazon (used) if you want more peace of mind

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
After every win 8.1 update I'm like :lupe: waiting for it to fukk something up. So far, so good with this latest update, but we'll see...

Edit: Windows search indexing always fukking shyt up:stopitslime: This better be temporary.
I feel the same way fam..I automatically start testing shyt out to see if it runs the same after every windows update..lol

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
What about the cpu? Could I just stick with the garbage I have? I was actually thinking about getting a graphics card but not if I have to get a whole new set up. I just am not living like that right now

a cheap dedicated gpu is your best bet for a cheap and easy upgrade. something like the gtx 750ti

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

what other cpu's is your mobos socket compatible with?
find out the socket and look for better cpu's that are compatible and in your price range.
if you can throw an i5 in there later down the road you should keep that in mind.

llt23

All Star
Daps
a cheap dedicated gpu is your best bet for a cheap and easy upgrade. something like the gtx 750ti

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025

I found a geforce 610 on amazon for 47 bucks. Thoughts? Running those specs with my cpu n ram it seems it would be good enough to run Street Fighter. I think Ima go that route, cause 150 bucks is a lot man. I do eventually wanna cop a ps4 just really want PC for street fighter. Dont gotta pay for xboxlive its a win-win.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I found a geforce 610 on amazon for 47 bucks. Thoughts? Running those specs with my cpu n ram it seems it would be good enough to run Street Fighter. I think Ima go that route, cause 150 bucks is a lot man. I do eventually wanna cop a ps4 just really want PC for street fighter. Dont gotta pay for xboxlive its a win-win.
breh...NO

what is the MAX you are willing to spend?

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
R7 250:
www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-DDR3-2GB-Graphics-GV-R725OC-2GI-REV2-0/dp/B00H707TJ6
NVidia GTX 650:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130827&Tpk=N82E16814130827

Either of these 2 cards will run Ultra Street Fighter 4 fine and will be much better than that 610. These cards are $60 and $65 each after rebate.

Like @daze23 said, though. You can buy an Nvidia 750 Ti and use it with your stock power supply, because that card is designed to use very little power, and it has very good performance.

This one here is $95 after rebate if you use the coupon code: IEI133834
And combine that with a $15 off $100+ purchase they have going on for Labor Day:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...details.asp?EdpNo=8899411&srkey=OSU-102327270
$15 off $100 promo: http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/include/events/2014/TD_Discount/index.asp
edit: You may not be able to use this one with your current power supply because it requires a 6-pin connector

The Nvidia cards also come with a "Free Gift": NVIDIA $150 In-Game for Warface, Path of Exile, and Heroes of Newerth. This is a download key that you can sell on eBay for $20-$25

Last edited:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

Your CPU is fine. SFIV doesn't take much to run but the integrated GPU you're currently using is only meant to do basic tasks like display a desktop, youtube, that's about it. I'd go with the 750 Ti @daze23 mentioned, that way you won't have to worry about PSU requirements. Note that it isn't some powerful GPU, but for SFIV and other 2D fighters, it's more than enough. If you want to play other type of games you may want to consider stepping it up another notch.