The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Brehs... I need help :shaq2:

So I finally went and got all of the components

Cpu - Intel I7 4790k
Motherboard - Asus Z97-A
GPU - GEForce GTX 770
PSU - TS 650
240 GB SSD
1 TB HD
16 GB Crucial Ballistik Sport RAM kit
Yadda yadda

So I took my time putting this thing together, keep my area as static free as I could (using a wrist strap and all), but I'm getting no display. All of the fans work (even the GPU's), but no display. No BIOS, nothing. I just get a red light on the motherboard for "MemOk!" ....which the manual and the internet is telling me is RAM issue. I tried reconfiguring both of the RAM sticks in to different spots, made sure it wasn't a problem with this monitor, took out the GPU (mobo has on board graphics). I'm at a loss....

Could both RAM sticks be bad? Does compatibility really matter that much? Could there be other things to check?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Cpu - Intel I7 4790k
Motherboard - Asus Z97-A
GPU - GEForce GTX 770
PSU - TS 650
240 GB SSD
1 TB HD
Yadda yadda

So I took my time putting this thing together, keep my area as static free as I could (using a wrist strap and all), but I'm getting no display. All of the fans work (even the GPU's), but no display. No BIOS, nothing. I just get a red light on the motherboard for "MemOk!" ....which the manual and the internet is telling me is RAM issue. I tried reconfiguring both of the RAM sticks in to different spots, made sure it wasn't a problem with this monitor, took out the GPU (mobo has on board graphics). I'm at a loss....

Could both RAM sticks be bad? Does compatibility really matter that much? Could there be other things to check?

i'm assuming you have more than 2 ram slots.
you probably have 4 and 2 colors among the 4 slots.

you gotta make sure the ram is in the right slots.
look up ram placement for your mobo.

you could have one bad ram stick as well.
after you look up the correct placement for your ram try booting up with just one ram stick then try the other one by it's self.

i feel your pain, i have been there.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Cpu - Intel I7 4790k
Motherboard - Asus Z97-A
GPU - GEForce GTX 770
PSU - TS 650
240 GB SSD
1 TB HD
Yadda yadda

try one stick at a time

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i'm assuming you have more than 2 ram slots.
you probably have 4 and 2 colors among the 4 slots.

you gotta make sure the ram is in the right slots.
look up ram placement for your mobo.

you could have one bad ram stick as well.
after you look up the correct placement for your ram try booting up with just one ram stick then try the other one by it's self.

i feel your pain, i have been there.
Yes 4 with 2 colors

Breh I've tried both sticks in every RAM slot

I also forgot to mention I'm getting beeps. Best described as one long one then two shorter ones

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes 4 with 2 colors

Breh I've tried both sticks in every RAM slot

I also forgot to mention I'm getting beeps. Best described as one long one then two shorter ones
That suggests a RAM issue like you said. Only thing I can think of is both modules being defective or the RAM slot being defective. Either try a different set of RAM or try those sticks in a different mobo. If all else fails, just put it in some jasmine rice.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That suggests a RAM issue like you said. Only thing I can think of is both modules being defective or the RAM slot being defective. Either try a different set of RAM or try those sticks in a different mobo. If all else fails, just put it in some jasmine rice.
I don't have another desktop to test them on, unfortunately...

Rice....? fukk it lol