The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
So purchased some shyt on prime day to start my PC build

Got the ryzen 7 7700x
ASUS ROG Strix B650-A Gaming WiFi 6E AM5

Now just need

Ram
Cooler, not sure fan or liquid??
Power supply
And graphics card

Any suggestions?

Links to what I've been considering

Liquid cooler
Power supply
Ram
Tower
What kind of GPU did you get? I’m curious because you may want a bit more than 850 watts. Also, in my opinion, you’d want to get a PSU from a reputable brand. Someone that’ll back their PSU with a substantial warranty, like a Corsair, Asus, or Seasonic for instance.

That case is also pretty large. You may end up with a lot of empty space if you don’t intend to cram it with a million fans. Would also be good to consider the dimensions and how much of your desk it would potentially take up.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
What kind of GPU did you get? I’m curious because you may want a bit more than 850 watts. Also, in my opinion, you’d want to get a PSU from a reputable brand. Someone that’ll back their PSU with a substantial warranty, like a Corsair, Asus, or Seasonic for instance.

That case is also pretty large. You may end up with a lot of empty space if you don’t intend to cram it with a million fans. Would also be good to consider the dimensions and how much of your desk it would potentially take up.

Not sure which gpu to get yet

Thanks will stick to one of reputable brands for the power supply.

The case just looks cool 🤷🏽 all of the hyte cases do. Not set on that one tho

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Not sure which gpu to get yet

Thanks will stick to one of reputable brands for the power supply.

The case just looks cool 🤷🏽 all of the hyte cases do. Not set on that one tho
What’s your goal for PC gaming? Meaning what resolution do you plan on playing on.

The H9 is a dope case. I just mentioned the size because not everyone has a large amount of desk space to allocate to a case. You don’t want to do the build and then realize you’ll have to rearrange everything to accommodate it. Also with a large case, if you don’t fill the space then you could’ve saved yourself some money by going with something smaller.

Check out the Lancool 216. It’s one of my favorite cases and it can be had for under $100.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
What’s your goal for PC gaming? Meaning what resolution do you plan on playing on.

The H9 is a dope case. I just mentioned the size because not everyone has a large amount of desk space to allocate to a case. You don’t want to do the build and then realize you’ll have to rearrange everything to accommodate it. Also with a large case, if you don’t fill the space then you could’ve saved yourself some money by going with something smaller.

Check out the Lancool 216. It’s one of my favorite cases and it can be had for under $100.

Putting action figures in the extra space :obama:

But will definitely do measurements before I buy anything, I'm open to other cases if this one isn't practical.

Edit:H6 Flow

I'm buying all this overtime for sure, don't plan on dropping it all now. I just got excited with some prime day deals and already purchased some stuff.

Last edited:

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Putting action figures in the extra space :obama:

But will definitely do measurements before I buy anything, I'm open to other cases if this one isn't practical.

Edit:H6 Flow

I'm buying all this overtime for sure, don't plan on dropping it all now. I just got excited with some prime day deals and already purchased some stuff.

Seeing this makes me want to go for a new build
:beli:
I just built my shyt too
U5eYJt2.jpeg

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
What do y'all think about all the controversy swirling around Intel and their 13th/14th Gen CPU’s?

I can’t say that I’ve had any issues with my processors. I OC’d the fukk out of my 13900KS and never had any problems. All my blue screens were usually related to memory overclocks that needed to be adjusted.

I’ve had a 14900KF since the beginning of the year that I’ve undervolted since day one and it runs like a champ. I did OC it for a couple months but then I went back to locked cores and an undervolt.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
how hot should a pc laptop 4080 get up too in 2k with a massive game (not cyberrpunk you know what i mean)?

im getting around 77-87C, but ive gone as high up as 94C. is that bad