The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
If you have an afternoon with nothing going on it's worth it to at least say you've done it. I'd probably pitch a bytch if I had to do it again though :skip: . I factory reset my NAS a while back but got lucky that Docker fully retained its configuration. I think the only thing I had to reconfigure were there certs and DDNS entries on the NAS. I'm still iffy on the whole self hosting though because if you get out in the wild and your home network goes down, you're straight fukked. I made sure to plug my NAS directly into my router instead of my range extender before I traveled recently since it likes to drop without warning.
I still had this tab open, and I thought it had only been like a month, not this long, sorry :sadbron:

I came across this repo which was quite intriguing as it should avoid potential access issues: GitHub - dadatuputi/bitwarden_gcloud: Bitwarden installation optimized for Google Cloud's 'always free' e2-micro compute instance

I almost tried it, though I think atm I trust Bitwarden themselves more than me or Google. But my other self-hosting experiments (Nitter and RustDesk most recently) are working well, so... maybe one day :o:

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Finally gonna build me a gaming PC I have

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 8GB WINDFORCE OC

WD Black SSD

What else am I gonna need? What would you recommend?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Finally gonna build me a gaming PC I have

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 8GB WINDFORCE OC

WD Black SSD

What else am I gonna need? What would you recommend?

Can I get something good with 400-500?
You better off console gaming if these are your options/ budget especially for modern games. That GPU aint gonna do much. And for a 500 budget, u cant build shyt off of that. Just hold off until u get atleast $1500 to build a mid tier 2k gaming system breh.

To me, low budget pc gaming aint worth it. But u can still do it if u please. U can build a 1080p gaming PC for about $700. U definitely gonna be using AMD over intel.

Last edited:

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
You better off console gaming if these are your options/ budget especially for modern games. That GPU aint gonna do much. And for a 500 budget, u cant build shyt off of that. Just hold off until u get atleast $1500 to build a mid tier 2k gaming system breh.

To me, low budget pc gaming aint worth it. But u can still do it if u please. U can build a 1080p gaming PC for about $700. U definitely gonna be using AMD over intel.

Damn I way off lol I got that GPU for free so might as well sell it now.

Will put it off for a minute but still wanna build a good one. Thanks breh

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Damn I way off lol I got that GPU for free so might as well sell it now.

Will put it off for a minute but still wanna build a good one. Thanks breh
Yea no problem. I was the same way when i first entered gaming PC back in 2010. At minimum, u wanna have at least a mid tier pc to enjoy the benefits of pc gaming(2k) as thats still the modern day standard as 4k systems cost $3k+. So u would need a 3000 series intel GPU or 6800xt from AMD. The most valuable items will be your gpu, cpu and motherboard in that order. That way ur shyt is some what future proof and u can upgrade as time goes by.

But again, if u can, save up and drop your money on a good mid tier system or go all out and get a high end one. You wont look at gaming the same again. Playing games in 4k is :wow: