The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
There are little screws that are supposed to go into the holes in your case for the motherboard. Then you screw your motherboard into the standoffs. Some cases have the standoffs welded in place and other cases you have to screw them in yourself. It should be in an accessory/tool kit for your case. The backside of your motherboard should have a gap between it and your case.
I think the h9 elite has them built-in apparently.

So tomorrow no magnet and I'm gonna assemble on top of the plastic and box it came in. Be careful with putting the cables in and no power cord until everything's set and officially done.

Last edited:

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Brand new motherboard, brand new cpu same yellow dram light and no signal to my mom. Time to assume it's my ram sticks right?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Should I get a gaming laptop, ps5 or wait for the ps5 pro? I'm honestly not trying to go over 1k.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
You think the 4070 super is good enough for A+ games for and the future? I don't plan on going 4k as I think the immersion of ultrawides like the LG 45" will be enough for me. Some people bash it for the 12gb of vram. My first game on it will probably be bodycam.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
You think the 4070 super is good enough for A+ games for and the future? I don't plan on going 4k as I think the immersion of ultrawides will be enough for me. Some people bash it for the 12gb of vram. My first game on it will probably be bodycam.

I'm still rocking a 1070 TI... :dead:
It does what I need it to do.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
You think the 4070 super is good enough for A+ games for and the future? I don't plan on going 4k as I think the immersion of ultrawides like the LG 45" will be enough for me. Some people bash it for the 12gb of vram. My first game on it will probably be bodycam.
I can damn near max out Hellblade 2 on 4070.
And that game is just an interactive tech demo..
The evolution of AI sampling is the only big jump happening in the near future.

If you want everything to run without tinkering through settings get the super. I find the psycho ray tracing settings is where things start to jitter.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
End of an era.

End of the Road: An AnandTech Farewell​

It is with great sadness that I find myself penning the hardest news post I’ve ever needed to write here at AnandTech. After over 27 years of covering the wide – and wild – word of computing hardware, today is AnandTech’s final day of publication.

For better or worse, we’ve reached the end of a long journey – one that started with a review of an AMD processor, and has ended with the review of an AMD processor. It’s fittingly poetic, but it is also a testament to the fact that we’ve spent the last 27 years doing what we love, covering the chips that are the lifeblood of the computing industry.

A lot of things have changed in the last quarter-century – in 1997 NVIDIA had yet to even coin the term “GPU” – and we’ve been fortunate to watch the world of hardware continue to evolve over the time period. We’ve gone from boxy desktop computers and laptops that today we’d charitably classify as portable desktops, to pocket computers where even the cheapest budget device puts the fastest PC of 1997 to shame.

The years have also brought some monumental changes to the world of publishing. AnandTech was hardly the first hardware enthusiast website, nor will we be the last. But we were fortunate to thrive in the past couple of decades, when so many of our peers did not, thanks to a combination of hard work, strategic investments in people and products, even more hard work, and the support of our many friends, colleagues, and readers.

Still, few things last forever, and the market for written tech journalism is not what it once was – nor will it ever be again. So, the time has come for AnandTech to wrap up its work, and let the next generation of tech journalists take their place within the zeitgeist.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Been itching to get a LG 27" 1440p 240hz oled.
They're on sale right now.
My boy keeps talking up his Samsung G8 wide screen joint though.
I really don't have the space for a wide screen set up for my PC unless I move more stuff than I would like to around.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Been itching to get a LG 27" 1440p 240hz oled.
They're on sale right now.
My boy keeps talking up his Samsung G8 wide screen joint though.
I really don't have the space for a wide screen set up for my PC unless I move more stuff than I would like to around.
Be afraid to make moves, brehs...