The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Would you buy a used aio cooler?
Yes but only if the seller verifies that every single bolt and bracket that it came with is in the box. I would also want to know exactly how long it was in use. I bought an open box Corsair 240mm Capellix a couple years ago. It was an eBay purchase so if it wasn’t exactly what the seller claimed, I was sending it back.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Yes but only if the seller verifies that every single bolt and bracket that it came with is in the box. I would also want to know exactly how long it was in use. I bought an open box Corsair 240mm Capellix a couple years ago. It was an eBay purchase so if it wasn’t exactly what the seller claimed, I was sending it back.

Just watched an unboxing and it has a bunch of really small pieces, like new condition and Amazon has a good return policy but I return shyt and keep the little accessories to often to trust it. Thanks

Think I'm getting the Lian Li case

Chrome looks cool but seems like it may reflect to much light

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Think I'm going with the 4060ti 16gb or a 3060 12gb

This is my build so far just waiting for everything to arrive, gonna upgrade my old monitor to a 34" wide curved monitor and eventually a a7800x3d or 7950x3d but my pockets need a break. Either way been wanting to do this for over 10 years, I'm in the game now brehs :blessed:

Last edited:

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Does it matter if I get a OC over a non OC gpu? Is it worth the little extra 💵?

Also anybody game on a 40+ curved inch ultra wide? What's the experience like?

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Put the PC together today, everything lights up, fans are spinning but no signal when I plug in my hdmi. Tried multiple cables and both my monitor and TV.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Put the PC together today, everything lights up, fans are spinning but no signal when I plug in my hdmi. Tried multiple cables and both my monitor and TV.
Is there signal when hdmi plugged into on board graphics? Try removing the gpu and plugging hdmi into motherboard.

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Is there signal when hdmi plugged into on board graphics? Try removing the gpu and plugging hdmi into motherboard.
No still not giving a signal

Edit:1:30am and I'm just now about to eat dinner, been at this all day. Will post pics later, maybe I did something wrong.

returned the motherboard and the CPU for a 7800X3D

Keyboard is lighting up also

20240730-021050.jpg

So apparently this cpudram light means something is wrong with either the motherboard or ram? What are the chances of both my new ram sticks being defective? Should I just get a new motherboard?

Edit:just returned my motherboard, got a different one.

Last edited:

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
I must be fukking up in some type of way. I'm getting power but the cpu won't boot at all on my brand new motherboard. Either way one of the pins in the u32g1_89 is broken probably did it trying to put it in the wrong way, just now noticing it's a slot that it slides into 🤦🏽. I'm just doing another exchange with Amazon and trying again tomorrow.

Can a strong magnet damage a motherboard? I've been using one to catch the screws that attach motherboard to the case. Plus I took a couple components out with unplugging the power supply which i just read can damage the motherboard 🤦🏽

Not sure if you can see it but one got bent and other is gone completely.

20240731-152926.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I must be fukking up in some type of way. I'm getting power but the cpu won't boot at all on my brand new motherboard. Either way one of the pins in the u32g1_89 is broken probably did it trying to put it in the wrong way, just now noticing it's a slot that it slides into 🤦🏽. I'm just doing another exchange with Amazon and trying again tomorrow.

Can a strong magnet damage a motherboard? I've been using one to catch the screws that attach motherboard to the case. Plus I took a couple components out with unplugging the power supply which i just read can damage the motherboard 🤦🏽

Not sure if you can see it but one got bent and other is gone completely.

20240731-152926.jpg
Yes

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Are you using the motherboard standoffs that came with your case? Your motherboard isn’t supposed to be touching your case. That’ll short out your board.
No I don't even know wtf those are 🤦🏽 I've just been placing it in the slots on the motherboard.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
No I don't even know wtf those are 🤦🏽 I've just been placing it in the slots on the motherboard.
There are little screws that are supposed to go into the holes in your case for the motherboard. Then you screw your motherboard into the standoffs. Some cases have the standoffs welded in place and other cases you have to screw them in yourself. It should be in an accessory/tool kit for your case. The backside of your motherboard should have a gap between it and your case.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sould be plastic extensions that go between the plate in the case and the mobo. They should have holes for the screws and screw into the case. Unplug your PSU until you get that all sorted out to hopefully prevent any permanent damage.