The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Got a notification from microsoft that my PC doesn't qualify for Windows 11 upgrade.

I'm missing something called a TPM 2.0.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Anyone using a sound bar as computer speakers? Pros/cons?
I was earlier in the year. I’ve since switched my setup. I would say the pros are price, simplicity and easy cable management. Meanwhile, the cons would be the amount of desk space it can potentially take up, as well as you not necessarily having the best seating position. A lot of soundbars are designed for you to be seated a good distance back, based on how the drivers are positioned. They’re not really intended for nearfield listening. I was using a smaller soundbar, the Samsung S60B. As a result of the size, I wasn’t getting the best sound quality. I liked it but I wanted better sound and more bass for music and movies.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Alienware R16 looks like a pretty good deal to me (for the i9, 4090 version) but everywhere I go people are sh*tin on the company. I don’t build computers and don’t plan on upgrading parts (would just buy a new PC in 5 years), so am I the target buyer for this thing? The Corsair prices are obscene for similar specs.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Alienware R16 looks like a pretty good deal to me (for the i9, 4090 version) but everywhere I go people are sh*tin on the company. I don’t build computers and don’t plan on upgrading parts (would just buy a new PC in 5 years), so am I the target buyer for this thing? The Corsair prices are obscene for similar specs.
the problem is they use proprietary parts, that make it hard to upgrade and tinker. but if you're not interested in that, it should be good for you

but keep in mind that also means if anything goes wrong, it won't be easy to fix. it only comes with a 1 year warranty, and extending it is costly (3 years, $300)

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
i don’t build computers and don’t plan on upgrading parts (would just buy a new PC in 5 years), so am I the target buyer for this thing?

definitely.

you should seriously consider trying your hand at building a pc. its honestly not that hard (worst part is cable management, the rest of it is basically like playing with expensive legos), you'll save a bit of money for equivalent parts, and you have full control over everything.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've had Alienwares, I've had custom built water cooled PCs. I'll just say this, the longest I ever had a computer go without a hiccup was one of my old Alienwares. Also, I still haven't built my new pc. The parts are just staring at me waiting to be built. Depression is a bytch :manny:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I've had Alienwares, I've had custom built water cooled PCs. I'll just say this, the longest I ever had a computer go without a hiccup was one of my old Alienwares. Also, I still haven't built my new pc. The parts are just staring at me waiting to be built. Depression is a bytch :manny:
Hows your health?

Daps
Looking for some advice on waht I should get.

I wanna cop something for video editing. I'd be going in as a complete beginner I wanna try and make AI video edits. I'm not interested in gaming at all and if I do game itll be some civ 3 type shyt that doesn't need high specs.

I'm also looking at the iMac or the Mac Mini but the iMac coming out to like 2k for only 512 ssd and 16 gb of ram :patrice:. I have seen online that apple runs smoother for editing but I'm not sure.