The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm thinking I'm gonna get this Cougar case maybe and custom paint it

Edit: Maybe never mind on that. I dunno

Last edited:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I'm thinking I'm gonna get this Cougar case maybe and custom paint it

JayzTwoCents may have looked at one of these in the last 6 months or so. Looks familiar.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're right people play at 3 resolutions but not everyone is utilizing those resolutions in the same fashion. People play at low/medium/high/custom settings at every resolution. That's going to be based on the rest of the equipment they use for their hobby and how much cash they have to spend on said hobby. I don't think you're taking that into account. I play at 4K and I don't want any compromises to hinder my experience while I'm playing. The next man may be cool enough just going for 4K 60 and rocking with that. The possibilities for various hardware combinations are endless. Offering just 3 SKU's will not satisfy all of their current and/or potential consumers.

As far as your final comment, what NVIDIA is offering absolutely is for the benefit of their customers. However, their pricing certainly is not.
They're doing it so they can have products at many different prices to squeeze the maximum value per customer rather than to create a product that's a great value for the customer.

The the same way Samsung has all these different galaxy phones even beyond the muliple of the S line at all these different prices flooding the market and Apple has the iPhone 15 in different sizes and the iPhone 15 Pro in different sizes.

Buying an Apple phone is simple and theyre successful selling them. There is a such thing as too many options. Samsung likely sells more phones than Apple but Apple is the 1st or second most valuable company in the world and Samsung isn't even close.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh! The way you talk about water cooling, get that Cooler Master. It’s such a dope looking case when you see it in person. It’s heavy as fukk though, probably how they came up with the name.
I think I might get it. I need to measure it to see if it'll fit. This 57" 4Kx2 super ultrawide is taking up all of the space on my extra wide desk. I have a little area where I place my pc, so I need to see if it'll fit in that space. Or, I'll have to rethink my furniture placement. I have my whole headphone rig to the left of my desk too, so I'm cramped for space. We'll see....

It does look like a great case though. There's no way I'll have to worry about airflow and cooling :ehh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What cost no object mobo are we getting? I normally go Asus, but after this debacle with my current rig, I'm skeptical. I want all the features and ease of use.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
It's too many graphics cards. Nvidia especially could really stand to simplify their product line. Why do they really need a 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and then a ti version and/or a super version of each?

these folks have the price points down to a science. They know exactly the intervals to maximize revenue while minimizing production costs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
these folks have the price points down to a science. They know exactly the intervals to maximize revenue while minimizing production costs.
That's why they're making these cards. There's a guy willing to spend $500 and one that's willing to spend $550. Instead of making a card for $520 that meets both their needs and they make 2 different products at each price level. The production cost between making the 2 products is probably damn near the same.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
That's why they're making these cards. There's a guy willing to spend $500 and one that's willing to spend $550. Instead of making a card for $520 that meets both their needs and they make 2 different products at each price level. The production cost between making the 2 products is probably damn near the same.

Yep, fukking greedy as hell.

but its not easy to get a business like that going, so I understand, somewhat.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
This shyt was too easy. Hold this rep breh.

Took me about about 5 hours to do the actual PC build :skip: but most of that was watching different videos to confirm I wasn't about to brick my shyt. The process was actually pretty simple, if you're sticking to the basic components I suppose. Getting Windows 11 OS onto it was a bytch tho. I tried making a USB Boot Drive with my dying 2011 MacBook (that shyt is stuck on 3% battery life), but Mac can't open exe files. Bootcamp wasn't working for me. Crossover was outdated. Went down the street to Staples thinking I could just use the computer real quick to put Windows on the USB.......Admin duties were restricted and the workers there ain't even know the password.
Excellent :blessed:

:mjlol:

Tried using my homie's laptop, but every time I go to download the OS from Microsoft.com...I get a system pop up saying I can't download any 'app' outside of the Microsoft Store. :why: After a while I finally figure out the issue, Windows 10 S (Safe/Secure) Mode was installed.....so you need permission for everything, might as well call Microsoft daddy :dame: . Homie let me take that shyt off, but even that was a nuisance...eventually was forced to sign in to Microsoft account to deactivate S mode.

:ehh:We all good now tho
I've had to deal with 10S once or twice, what a useless feature (and Microsoft Store is :trash:). Microsoft seem to be content making terrible decisions about their most popular (though, perhaps not by choice) products. Which is why I have zero guilt about using the script :troll:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Out of curiosity, if you had $8K to spend on a rig, what would you build? I need maximum power for my 57" 4kx2 ultrawide. I like quiet shyt. I'll sacrifice some heat for a quiet system. I did some EK shyt and it was like $1500 for a water cooled setup. I already have 128gb of G.Skill ram.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it gets even worse with all the different overclocked variants. EVGA used to have around 5 versions of every card