The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Damn ciggavelli going through it
:mjcry:

Unfortunately this is par for the course for me. All my builds fukk up, but never this early or this bad. This is the downside of trying to have the best of the best everything. Something always fukks up when you push the limits. You try some high end shyt, and you get burnt. This is why I used to be into prebuilts. Your shyt fukks up, it's their problem; they'll send somebody to your house . But you can't get everything you want in a prebuilt, but I guess they are getting better. This sorta shyt makes one want to become a console gamer only. I'm fortunate enough to be able to try again with a new build, but still I don't like the idea of throwing a super high end build in the trash. I'll give it a go trying to troubleshoot, but I am not optimistic. It is what it is. I mean, I can't even get my keyboard to register on the mobo. I can't post. I don't even know how I can troubleshoot. :hubie:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I ran some sfc shyt through cmd prompt and it found some corrupt windows files. It claims it fixed them...we shall see :lupe:

Edit: Nope, got a non paged BSOD like 2 seconds after I posted this. The fix has made everything worse...:dead:

I just tried driver verifier in windows and it completely bricked my system :stopitslime::mjcry:

My computer is completely fukked. I can’t even get in the bios. I’m getting cmos errors. Never try driver verifier :why:

Everything is fukked up :mjcry:

It won’t post, I’m getting hdd and cmos errors. I’m even getting keyboard input errors :damn:

I’m gonna have to start from scratch. I might have to throw this whole pc in the trash and just build a new one :francis:

$2100 on ebay for a new 4090. I guess I can use my current cpu and psu. I'm definitely getting a new mobo, which means a new waterblock. Then I gotta get a new waterblock for my gpu. I don't know which ssd is fukking up, so I guess I gotta get new ones. I know my ram is good, and now I have 128gb of it...:dead:

I might get a new case, because the current one isn't great for airflow, but the water cooling aspect is very easy. I like the custom pump and reservoir. I'll need to find a new case that does that. Ugh, this shyt is adding up. :mjcry:

First, I'll dismantle my shyt and I guess try to find the solution, but I have no idea what it could be. If I can't find it with moderate effort, I'm just building a new one. :manny:

Sorry to make this a diary, but my $15k music server stopped working too. fukk my life :stopitslime:

Lemme drink some of these Miller Lites :wow:

Yes, but there was an underlying issue. What that issue is, I have no idea. I'm gonna tear my shyt apart this weekend, but it could be anything. Never use driver verifier ever :mjcry:

Unfortunately this is par for the course for me. All my builds fukk up, but never this early or this bad. This is the downside of trying to have the best of the best everything. Something always fukks up when you push the limits. You try some high end shyt, and you get burnt. This is why I used to be into prebuilts. Your shyt fukks up, it's their problem; they'll send somebody to your house . But you can't get everything you want in a prebuilt, but I guess they are getting better. This sorta shyt makes one want to become a console gamer only. I'm fortunate enough to be able to try again with a new build, but still I don't like the idea of throwing a super high end build in the trash. I'll give it a go trying to troubleshoot, but I am not optimistic. It is what it is. I mean, I can't even get my keyboard to register on the mobo. I can't post. I don't even know how I can troubleshoot. :hubie:
Em0KR5x.gif

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Brehs is Windows 11 actually only $28?

I feel like back in the day all the software was $80+ at the least? Or maybe because I was prone to download ‘free’ versions I didn’t realize how cheap they were.
:francis: It’s not $28. It’s like $140. And Microsoft Office is another $140.

Anybody got links to activations keys for both? I should be putting my PC together tonight, all the essential components have finally arrived.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
:francis: It’s not $28. It’s like $140. And Microsoft Office is another $140.

Anybody got links to activations keys for both? I should be putting my PC together tonight, all the essential components have finally arrived.
GitHub - massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts: A Windows and Office activator using HWID / Ohook / KMS38 / Online KMS activation methods, with a focus on open-source code and fewer antivirus detections.

(I know of sites for keys but I cannot recommend them as I have not tried them, and I trust them less than this tool which is... hilariously effective)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Just been looking at the part prices on PC gaming cards and I can't imagine how people spend $1500+ on a graphics card. The prices on the top end are wild. I remember when they were $800-$900 for a close to a flagship ti card.

1500 for a gpu is a scam.
A vmcasual gamer needs a 4070 max. Any thing above should be for cryto mining

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang

Yea I was considering going the self-build route again. I've never had issues with mine, but I just didn't want to go through the hassle of putting one together. Plus like you mentioned, you have a single source of return. I already returned one, hassle-free (an Aurora R15 that kept crashing like yours to Bestbuy. So glad I did). Just returned an Ibuypower to Microcenter this week, no problem either. Now rocking this beaut (https://www.newegg.com/abs-ta13900kf4090-3-tempest-aqua/p/N82E16883360461). No problems after a week of intense gaming (I'm talking Cyberpunk on 4k Overdrive for hours and MSFS VR, a system killer) and stress tests. Hopefully this holds up for 5 years.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
$2100 on ebay for a new 4090. I guess I can use my current cpu and psu. I'm definitely getting a new mobo, which means a new waterblock. Then I gotta get a new waterblock for my gpu. I don't know which ssd is fukking up, so I guess I gotta get new ones. I know my ram is good, and now I have 128gb of it...:dead:

I might get a new case, because the current one isn't great for airflow, but the water cooling aspect is very easy. I like the custom pump and reservoir. I'll need to find a new case that does that. Ugh, this shyt is adding up. :mjcry:

First, I'll dismantle my shyt and I guess try to find the solution, but I have no idea what it could be. If I can't find it with moderate effort, I'm just building a new one. :manny:

Sorry to make this a diary, but my $15k music server stopped working too. fukk my life :stopitslime:

Lemme drink some of these Miller Lites :wow:

You may need to reinstall rom scratch, and don't forget the dirty power issue.