The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You may need to reinstall rom scratch, and don't forget the dirty power issue.
I’m thinking of buying another mobo just for testing. Then I’ll use a test bench and test every component one by one. Problem is I can’t test my gpu, because of the water block. I’m thinking though, it might just be easier to buy new everything…lol.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think the moral of this terrible story is that you need a test bench. I have a separate PSU already. I have the test bench too, but it could be better. I just need a standard mobo I guess.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I think the moral of this terrible story is that you need a test bench. I have a separate PSU already. I have the test bench too, but it could be better. I just need a standard mobo I guess.
The dedication.... :ohlawd:

David Banner

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Got that Microcenter 7800X3D bundle. I pulled my 6700K mobo and put that new one in that case and the 6700K Windows drive actually booted with totally different hardware like it was nothing. I'm gonna do a clean install in the end but I was surprised a Windows PC can have it's hard drive transferred and still boot.

Not I gotta add the ram from my 6700K build to the my 9900K and sell the left overs. When Intel puts out a new socket I'll likely retire that 9900K build.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
GitHub - massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts: A Windows and Office activator using HWID / Ohook / KMS38 / Online KMS activation methods, with a focus on open-source code and fewer antivirus detections.

(I know of sites for keys but I cannot recommend them as I have not tried them, and I trust them less than this tool which is... hilariously effective)
This shyt was too easy. Hold this rep breh.

Took me about about 5 hours to do the actual PC build :skip: but most of that was watching different videos to confirm I wasn't about to brick my shyt. The process was actually pretty simple, if you're sticking to the basic components I suppose. Getting Windows 11 OS onto it was a bytch tho. I tried making a USB Boot Drive with my dying 2011 MacBook (that shyt is stuck on 3% battery life), but Mac can't open exe files. Bootcamp wasn't working for me. Crossover was outdated. Went down the street to Staples thinking I could just use the computer real quick to put Windows on the USB.......Admin duties were restricted and the workers there ain't even know the password.

Tried using my homie's laptop, but every time I go to download the OS from Microsoft.com...I get a system pop up saying I can't download any 'app' outside of the Microsoft Store. :why: After a while I finally figure out the issue, Windows 10 S (Safe/Secure) Mode was installed.....so you need permission for everything, might as well call Microsoft daddy :dame: . Homie let me take that shyt off, but even that was a nuisance...eventually was forced to sign in to Microsoft account to deactivate S mode.

:ehh:We all good now tho

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Any recommendations as far as initial set up tweaks (like adjusting the XMP settings) or Firefox add-ons? I already added uBlock Origin & Privacy Badger.

@bnew

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:francis: It’s not $28. It’s like $140. And Microsoft Office is another $140.

Anybody got links to activations keys for both? I should be putting my PC together tonight, all the essential components have finally arrived.
I found some cat on YouTube called CyberCPU Tech and he was shilling these $16 something Windows 10 keys. Had to register for a site I found in his description and PayPal them the money now Microsoft says I'm legit. They stripped my Windows license when I changed my CPU and motherboard. Gonna take the free upgrade to Windows 11 now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's too many graphics cards. Nvidia especially could really stand to simplify their product line. Why do they really need a 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and then a ti version and/or a super version of each?

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
It's too many graphics cards. Nvidia especially could really stand to simplify their product line. Why do they really need a 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and then a ti version and/or a super version of each?
They need all those options to catch as many consumers as possible. The Super versions of the cards are replacing the originals. There is no 50 class for 40 series by the way and there probably won’t be one. Why would they limit the amount of money they can make as a company?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They need all those options to catch as many consumers as possible. The Super versions of the cards are replacing the originals. There is no 50 class for 40 series by the way and there probably won’t be one. Why would they limit the amount of money they can make as a company?
So you're telling me if they made 3 tiers of card (entry level, mid level, high level) they'd make less money streamlining to that? As a average consumer one has to put in an absurd level of research just to figure out which of the cards they release to buy.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
So you're telling me if they made 3 tiers of card (entry level, mid level, high level) they'd make less money streamlining to that? As a average consumer one has to put in an absurd level of research just to figure out which of the cards they release to buy.
Yes that’s exactly what I’m telling you. What you’re advocating for would allow their competition to fill in the gaps that they would be leaving open by only having 3 GPU’s. Breh people get super into the weeds on these graphics cards. So the research aspect that you’re talking about isn’t really a detriment to them making sales.

When it comes to the PC shyt MOST people want more options, not less. So that’s who these companies are going to cater to.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes that’s exactly what I’m telling you. What you’re advocating for would allow their competition to fill in the gaps that they would be leaving open by only having 3 GPU’s. Breh people get super into the weeds on these graphics cards. So the research aspect that you’re talking about isn’t really a detriment to them making sales.

When it comes to the PC shyt MOST people want more options, not less. So that’s who these companies are going to cater to.
What are the gaps though? People are basically playing at 3 major resolutions 1080p, 1440p, 4K. It just seem to me they're constantly releasing products that have marginal at best upgrades from one another just so they can have many products out at random incremental prices. Do they really need all these skus that get 3% or 5% performance increase over another product they offer?

They aren't doing it for the benefit of the customers.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
What are the gaps though? People are basically playing at 3 major resolutions 1080p, 1440p, 4K. It just seem to me they're constantly releasing products that have marginal at best upgrades from one another just so they can have many products out at random incremental prices. Do they really need all these skus that get 3% or 5% performance increase over another product they offer?

They aren't doing it for the benefit of the customers.
You're right people play at 3 resolutions but not everyone is utilizing those resolutions in the same fashion. People play at low/medium/high/custom settings at every resolution. That's going to be based on the rest of the equipment they use for their hobby and how much cash they have to spend on said hobby. I don't think you're taking that into account. I play at 4K and I don't want any compromises to hinder my experience while I'm playing. The next man may be cool enough just going for 4K 60 and rocking with that. The possibilities for various hardware combinations are endless. Offering just 3 SKU's will not satisfy all of their current and/or potential consumers.

As far as your final comment, what NVIDIA is offering absolutely is for the benefit of their customers. However, their pricing certainly is not.