The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Oh, yeah, I want the option to use integrated graphics on the CPU (though I'll probably never use it unless my gpu goes bad, but I want the option). Thanks for your help! I'll probably pull the trigger on the Dark Hero here in a day or two after more research. I need to see how it plays with water cooling spacing.
No problem breh! I don’t know how you feel about white boards but the Z790 formula is made for water cooling. You can check that out as well.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No problem breh! I don’t know how you feel about white boards but the Z790 formula is made for water cooling. You can check that out as well.
I don't fukk with white shyt on my pc :mjpls:

Plus, it has that screen right above the pcie slot, so you can't use backplate cooling on the gpu. My shyt was getting real hot on my current mobo which also has that screen. I really want to use the active backplate cooling. Of course it's a $450 waterblock, but it's worth it.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
With that Cooler Master case I can do some real crazy water cooled loops. I don't like bending, but I will try it. I could even do two pumps, one for the cpu and the gpu, though I don't know if it would matter in terms of temps. The Cooler Master case will barely fit on my furniture. It would be very tight. I might move some things around for it though. I'm a bit worried that so many fans will be loud, but we shall see. I want performance and quietness. I need to find some quiet fans that have the daisy chaining shyt @Mister_DoItNice mentioned. I'm also into aesthetics. I want an art piece pc like my previous Cougar Conqueror build. I want to make my shyt look good. There's an art to pc building and hard tubing. For $8k, I want everything.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
Coli won't let me rep you again, but bet

- I've always been weary of Password managers, have you or anyone else ever had security issues with it?

- :jbhmm:The Containers are interesting as well, in regards to Facebook...I have an account that I haven't used in years. But then I guess the other properties like Instagram probably cross track too.

- I'll read more into the userscripts manager.
I know that LastPass had at least one massive breach in recent years, but if their set-up allowed it then it wasn't very good in the first place. A good externally managed service should protect your most sensitive data even if it is hacked (with encryption at the very least) - Bitwarden has been audited with good results. You can even host it yourself if the storage location is an issue, though it seems like more trouble than it's worth to me. The feature winb83 mentioned would be another layer of protection. (And KeePass is an option if you want to manage everything yourself.)

I think containers at this point are most useful for juggling accounts rather than for privacy (apart from Facebook Container) and is a feature I think still unique to Firefox. I have 3 Google accounts, 2 Amazon accounts logged in across different containers, and I have The Coli & TikTok set to open in a separate container because I still don't trust them :ufdup:
I prefer 1Password. They give you 34 character password on top of whatever password you create for your vault. If your vault is ever stolen the encryption uses both to open the vault. Any new devices you need that 2nd password to access the vault.
Interesting. I think 1Password was on my list when I first looked at password managers but it wasn't free :pachaha: so I chose KeePass. (It was only after looking for a simpler option for family members that I saw how much nicer Bitwarden was to use -_-)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Bitwarden has been audited with good results. You can even host it yourself if the storage location is an issue, though it seems like more trouble than it's worth to me.
I host my own and it's not that difficult to get up and running using Docker, although I don't know how out of date my image is since I don't put effort into keeping it up to date :skip:

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
I host my own and it's not that difficult to get up and running using Docker, although I don't know how out of date my image is since I don't put effort into keeping it up to date :skip:
Which is precisely one of the risks of self-hosting! Did you use Vaultwarden or something else?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Which is precisely one of the risks of self-hosting! Did you use Vaultwarden or something else?
Yeah I think it's the vaultwarden image, did everything to their instructions. Took a couple of tries because I'm not good with ports and networking, but now I have it all set up accessible through a domain I have.

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
Yeah I think it's the vaultwarden image, did everything to their instructions. Took a couple of tries because I'm not good with ports and networking, but now I have it all set up accessible through a domain I have.
Ah I see, I've considered it, but the thought of having to forward ports, and one guide mentioned a reverse proxy 😬 put me off.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Ah I see, I've considered it, but the thought of having to forward ports, and one guide mentioned a reverse proxy 😬 put me off.
If you have an afternoon with nothing going on it's worth it to at least say you've done it. I'd probably pitch a bytch if I had to do it again though :skip: . I factory reset my NAS a while back but got lucky that Docker fully retained its configuration. I think the only thing I had to reconfigure were there certs and DDNS entries on the NAS. I'm still iffy on the whole self hosting though because if you get out in the wild and your home network goes down, you're straight fukked. I made sure to plug my NAS directly into my router instead of my range extender before I traveled recently since it likes to drop without warning.