The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I had issues back in October with my PC. It was due to an amd driver for my GPU. Whenever my PC was in sleep mode, it wouldn't wake on command.

Had to revert to the previous drivers. But then I had issues with my ram. A quick unseat and install with default settings made it work. I'm on win 11. Never had any issues for 3 years until that point. No issues so far.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I just tried driver verifier in windows and it completely bricked my system :stopitslime::mjcry:
dave-chappelle-laughing.gif

I've never heard of such a thing happening

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Everything is fukked up :mjcry:

It won’t post, I’m getting hdd and cmos errors. I’m even getting keyboard input errors :damn:

I’m gonna have to start from scratch. I might have to throw this whole pc in the trash and just build a new one :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
$2100 on ebay for a new 4090. I guess I can use my current cpu and psu. I'm definitely getting a new mobo, which means a new waterblock. Then I gotta get a new waterblock for my gpu. I don't know which ssd is fukking up, so I guess I gotta get new ones. I know my ram is good, and now I have 128gb of it...:dead:

I might get a new case, because the current one isn't great for airflow, but the water cooling aspect is very easy. I like the custom pump and reservoir. I'll need to find a new case that does that. Ugh, this shyt is adding up. :mjcry:

First, I'll dismantle my shyt and I guess try to find the solution, but I have no idea what it could be. If I can't find it with moderate effort, I'm just building a new one. :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What we rocking for full sized case? I'm offloading an estat amp for a new build. I got around $8K to spend. I guess I might splurge for the 14900k, then the 4090 again (which I'll then replace in with a 5090 :sadcam: ). My Dell XPS laptop can't handle this 4Kx2 at all. shyt is all stretched out and terrible :russ:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What we rocking for full sized case? I'm offloading an estat amp for a new build. I got around $8K to spend. I guess I might splurge for the 14900k, then the 4090 again (which I'll then replace in with a 5090 :sadcam: ). My Dell XPS laptop can't handle this 4Kx2 at all. shyt is all stretched out and terrible :russ:

I'm using a Lancool 3....but I dunno if its big enough for all the shyt you be having in your systems.