The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Asus always goes hard. 480hz? :damn: :mjlol:

I can barely see the difference between 120 and 240, but I can if I'm paying attention. I dunno if one could tell the difference between 240 and 480. We're getting into overkill territory here.
Human eye isn't built to perceive that level of difference.
Effectively, our eyes don't have the fps to see that fps.
This is a big number for bragging purposes and has no point in this application.

Now, having the tech for this is the first step toward them attempting to push through cars with camera/screens instead of windows. They'd need some extreme, absurd assurance like 400+hz to even push that concept toward approval for transportation use.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So, my BSODing was not related to my ram. I put new ram sticks in and the same problem is occurring. :mjcry:

Now I'm not sure where to go to next. Maybe it's a driver issue. I clean installed the latest nvidia driver. We'll see if that helps, but I guess it could be anything now. I'm getting the Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_area error, which is supposed to be a ram problem, but it's not. :mindblown:

Don't want to have to clean install Windows and reset back at 0, but I might have to :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So, my BSODing was not related to my ram. I put new ram sticks in and the same problem is occurring. :mjcry:

Now I'm not sure where to go to next. Maybe it's a driver issue. I clean installed the latest nvidia driver. We'll see if that helps, but I guess it could be anything now. I'm getting the Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_area error, which is supposed to be a ram problem, but it's not. :mindblown:

Don't want to have to clean install Windows and reset back at 0, but I might have to :mjcry:
my next guess would be the mobo, or a bent CPU pin

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Could it be a damaged ram slot? Have you tried populating individual ram slots one at a time?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Could it be a damaged ram slot? Have you tried populating individual ram slots one at a time?
I haven't. but that's a good idea. The problem is, I can't force a BSOD. It appears random. The internet claims it's ram or a driver issue. I'm now exploring the driver possibility, but I'm not sure. It could be a damaged ram slot though. Then I'll have to get a replacement mobo I guess. Hopefully it's not that though.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well, it's not my nvidia driver I guess. My PC keeps bluescreening when I'm away from it. Maybe I'll just never let my pc go into sleep mode :jbhmm:

Quick question, is there any software where I can easily delete and then re-install all my drivers? I wanna do that before a dreaded fresh install, and then a mobo switch. Ugh :mjcry:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Well, it's not my nvidia driver I guess. My PC keeps bluescreening when I'm away from it. Maybe I'll just never let my pc go into sleep mode :jbhmm:

Quick question, is there any software where I can easily delete and then re-install all my drivers? I wanna do that before a dreaded fresh install, and then a mobo switch. Ugh :mjcry:

Yo, I cannot put my PC into sleep mode. It won't wake up 9/10 times. Don't know why.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I need to queue that lonely man video @Orbital-Fetus posts when I pc problems :russ:
EU4MjhX.gif

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Brehs is Windows 11 actually only $28?

I feel like back in the day all the software was $80+ at the least? Or maybe because I was prone to download ‘free’ versions I didn’t realize how cheap they were.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I ran some sfc shyt through cmd prompt and it found some corrupt windows files. It claims it fixed them...we shall see :lupe:

Edit: Nope, got a non paged BSOD like 2 seconds after I posted this. The fix has made everything worse...:dead: