The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Outside of a couple of jobs, haven’t seriously used a keyboard since maybe 2009.

My current job, the customized keyboard we use is most similar to a TKL, so was thinking of just getting something similar to that. It’s comfortable hand placement wise.

The 75% seem like it would be an awkward size and placement with the arrows keys being bunched in.

Pic of an older version of what we use at work. (Didn’t even dawn on me til yesterday that it was a mechanical keyboard, I got a tic of clicking on the buttons either when I’m bored or in the zone)

EXGsSxJXkAcoGua.jpg:large
Based on this, take a look at that Keychron I mentioned earlier. It might be right up your alley.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Best wireless keyboard and mouse?

I use the current mouse on all surfaces (couch mainly) but desk and glass table. Currently, mouse if trash though I've dropped it a million times (current is logitech K345)

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Based on this, take a look at that Keychron I mentioned earlier. It might be right up your alley.
Was about to select the K8 Pro, then noticed it was only wireless via Bluetooth. I know it’s probably not a major issue, but read that BT drained more power and lagged a bit more. Not sure if that would be true of the K8 Pro or not, but I do notice that issue with some of my other BT enabled items.

Dug a bit more, ended up settling on this Tecware Phantom+ Elite with red switches. (Back order tho)

Ama azon.com/TECWARE-Phantom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Wraith/dp/B0BQ2ZFVNN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=28VGOBA9K0D57&keywords=tecware%2Bphantom%2Bplus%2Belite&qid=1704707383&sprefix=tecwade%2Caps%2C206&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

Hopefully the material is solid quality.

Edit: guess we can’t embed amazon links

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Was about to select the K8 Pro, then noticed it was only wireless via Bluetooth. I know it’s probably not a major issue, but read that BT drained more power and lagged a bit more. Not sure if that would be true of the K8 Pro or not, but I do notice that issue with some of my other BT enabled items.

Dug a bit more, ended up settling on this Tecware Phantom+ Elite with red switches. (Back order tho)

Amazon.com/TECWARE-Phantom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Wraith/dp/B0BQ2ZFVNN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=28VGOBA9K0D57&keywords=tecware%2Bphantom%2Bplus%2Belite&qid=1704707383&sprefix=tecwade%2Caps%2C206&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

Hopefully the material is solid quality.

Edit: guess we can’t embed amazon links
In most reviews of wireless keyboards and mice, the use of their Bluetooth functionality actually increases the battery performance, not decreases it. The expected number of usage hours is actually decreased when using the dedicated 2.4 GHz usb dongles.

I use the current mouse on all surfaces (couch mainly) but desk and glass table. Currently, mouse if trash though I've dropped it a million times (current is logitech K345)
Best is pretty subjective. What are you using the keyboard and mouse for? Are you used to membrane keyboards or mechanical? If you drop your peripherals a lot then going for a pricey setup may not be a good idea.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Starting at $1000 for a 4080 Super?

Just a rumor, but :patrice:

Wasn't the 4080 1200s on release?

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
In most reviews of wireless keyboards and mice, the use of their Bluetooth functionality actually increases the battery performance, not decreases it. The expected number of usage hours is actually decreased when using the dedicated 2.4 GHz usb dongles.

:skip: Must’ve misunderstood what I was reading then.

My CPU & PSU just came in, now just waiting on the motherboard, graphic card, keyboard….and have to get a mouse.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
:skip: Must’ve misunderstood what I was reading then.

My CPU & PSU just came in, now just waiting on the motherboard, graphic card, keyboard….and have to get a mouse.
A lot of times for me, I make my decision on peripherals based on ecosystem. Right now, I’ve got mainly Corsair, and ROG components and peripherals. My webcam is a Logitech but I barely ever need it outside of a web meeting. I hate using a whole bunch of different kinds of software so that makes things easier for me.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

I game on my couch as well and I use a trackball instead of a mouse. I switched years ago and never got back. Needs a bit of time to get used to but after that, it's quite handy. Just needs to clean the ball from time to time.

I'm using this one that have 3x dpi and connexion to 3 devices :

For a cordless keybord I have this one :
Don't think it's the best but I have that one for more than a decade and I have been pretty satisfied.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Asus always goes hard. 480hz? :damn: :mjlol:

I can barely see the difference between 120 and 240, but I can if I'm paying attention. I dunno if one could tell the difference between 240 and 480. We're getting into overkill territory here.
Yo all those BTF peripherals are fire. Gonna allow for some CLEAN builds. Running a GPU, getting 600 watts and no cable?!

:whew: