The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Yea. I'll fukk with GTA5 as well. That GTA role play shyt look kinda dope. What type of PC would I need to play in 4k?

Specs similar to these would get you 60fps+ at 4k Ultra with GTA5

But like homeboy said. If it's just for gta5, then get a ps5. I have it on both my ps5 and pc with a 4080. The difference ain't worth the 700 bucks. Gta6 ain't releasing for at least 2 years on pc.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
My shyt is blue screening like crazy now :mjcry:

I gotta pull apart my rig and put this new ram in asap. fukk ram :manny:

So it's def the ram? That's why I don't custom build anymore. Rather get pre built. If they don't work, I send em back.

Just copped this beast on open box clearance from Newegg
:wow:
Should be here Saturday. If it's stable I'm returning the 4080 rig I bought last month

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So it's def the ram? That's why I don't custom build anymore. Rather get pre built. If they don't work, I send em back.

Just copped this beast on open box clearance from Newegg
:wow:
Should be here Saturday. If it's stable I'm returning the 4080 rig I bought last month
I actually fukk with prebuilds a lot. I went through like a 3 prebuilds phase. Then I decided I wanted water cooled shyt. At the time no company could give me the best water cooled rig, so I had to build it myself. It was kind of rewarding to build something so complex. Then I built another. Now though, I could see myself spending the money on a prebuilt water cooled rig with the tubes in the back.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Specs similar to these would get you 60fps+ at 4k Ultra with GTA5

But like homeboy said. If it's just for gta5, then get a ps5. I have it on both my ps5 and pc with a 4080. The difference ain't worth the 700 bucks. Gta6 ain't releasing for at least 2 years on pc.
Ahhh ok. I might have to fukk with a PC. I can't wait for GTA 6 to come out.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle

Starting at $1000 for a 4080 Super?

Just a rumor, but :patrice:
Damn that’s not bad.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
For the keyboard, 150ish. Not sure on the mouse, maybe 70. Not sure sure what they usually go for.
I don’t know what you’ll be able to find in the $150 range. The Logitech G915 TKL is $175 right now. They just released the G Pro X TKL for $200. For mice, you can get a G305 Lightspeed for $50 or a G703 Lightspeed for $90.

Edit:

You can also take a look at the Keychron K8 Pro for $125. On Amazon there’s a company called Redragon that makes wireless keyboards and mice. They’ve got quite a few options as well for under $100.

Last edited:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I don’t know what you’ll be able to find in the $150 range.
:dead: I thought I was going high with $150. But I do remember the thread with breh buying a $300 keyboard.

I originally was looking at Ducky’s, but have since pivoted because of their wireless options. If pricing wasn’t a factor, which keyboards would you recommend?

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
:dead: I thought I was going high with $150. But I do remember the thread with breh buying a $300 keyboard.

I originally was looking at Ducky’s, but have since pivoted because of their wireless options. If pricing wasn’t a factor, which keyboards would you recommend?
Are you strictly interested in TKL? There are some 75% and 65% options out there.

I just bought an ROG Azoth which is a 75% wireless and I love it. People swear by the Steel Series Apex Pro TKL, which is also wireless.

The G Pro X TKL is really solid as well. I chose the Azoth over it because of the smaller form factor.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Outside of a couple of jobs, haven’t seriously used a keyboard since maybe 2009.

My current job, the customized keyboard we use is most similar to a TKL, so was thinking of just getting something similar to that. It’s comfortable hand placement wise.

The 75% seem like it would be an awkward size and placement with the arrows keys being bunched in.

Pic of an older version of what we use at work. (Didn’t even dawn on me til yesterday that it was a mechanical keyboard, I got a tic of clicking on the buttons either when I’m bored or in the zone)

EXGsSxJXkAcoGua.jpg:large