The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Finally got to a state where my system runs stable and passes all benchmarks after a slight overclocking of the CPU. This new board was well worth the wait and i've bushed the cheap ass ssd and replaced it with an NVMe one. :ehh:

Im using one NVMe drive for the OS, the other to store Downloaded data and Music files for faster reads, and then 2 3.5" HDDs for a "cold storage" for stuff I want to keep long term. Now yall think I should turn the 2 HDDs (one is 1TB and the other 4TB) into a RAID array or let them be separate storage partitions? :jbhmm:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finally got to a state where my system runs stable and passes all benchmarks after a slight overclocking of the CPU. This new board was well worth the wait and i've bushed the cheap ass ssd and replaced it with an NVMe one. :ehh:

Im using one NVMe drive for the OS, the other to store Downloaded data and Music files for faster reads, and then 2 3.5" HDDs for a "cold storage" for stuff I want to keep long term. Now yall think I should turn the 2 HDDs (one is 1TB and the other 4TB) into a RAID array or let them be separate storage partitions? :jbhmm:
HDDs in your rig :scusthov:

:troll:

I use very large external HDDs for backup. That way I can easily access important files on my laptop if my main rig starts fukking up. I download a lot of tv and music and I double backup my tv and triple backup my flac music collection. I can’t be without my music (around 15tb of hi res flac) or tv (4K shows that I constantly download, watch, erase, and then download the latest episodes and do it all again)

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
HDDs in your rig :scusthov:

:troll:

I use very large external HDDs for backup. That way I can easily access important files on my laptop if my main rig starts fukking up. I download a lot of tv and music and I double backup my tv and triple backup my flac music collection. I can’t be without my music (around 15tb of hi res flac) or tv (4K shows that I constantly download, watch, erase, and then download the latest episodes and do it all again)
:russ: yall done turned into snobs since SSD drives dropped. fukk that im using HDDs forever, thats free big ass.storage for cheap.

Yeah I'd probably have to commit that if I ever lose my music collection. Ive been building it for over 15 years now and some of the shyt is not available online and was ripped by me from physical CDs back in the late 2000s. I also triple backup the music on the laptop, HDD and an external drive a rarely use.

How come you don't use a NAS if you have that much content? Ive been toying with the idea of building one from scratch so I can later let close friends and family stream those old movies and shows off of it. :patrice:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:russ: yall done turned into snobs since SSD drives dropped. fukk that im using HDDs forever, thats free big ass.storage for cheap.

Yeah I'd probably have to commit that if I ever lose my music collection. Ive been building it for over 15 years now and some of the shyt is not available online and was ripped by me from physical CDs back in the late 2000s. I also triple backup the music on the laptop, HDD and an external drive a rarely use.

How come you don't use a NAS if you have that much content? Ive been toying with the idea of building one from scratch so I can later let close friends and family stream those old movies and shows off of it. :patrice:
I'm not really sure why I haven't tried NAS. I've never really even looked into it. I need to check it out. I still download tv shows and then put them on a portable hdd, which I then plug into my nvidia shield on my tv :flabbynsick:

I do have a very fancy audiophile grade music server though (Antipodes K50), which I let stream through my various rooms and to connect to my headphone dac and amps. I don't fukk around with my music at all. :hubie:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
Can this week get any worse for me? I just attempted to backup my audio to a new drive for the first time in a while and forgot to point to the correct folder and instead pointed to the root of the partition, now the command (rsync) done wiped the entire partition since I normally delete any content in the destination folder thats not present in the source folder when making backups. Good god I fukked up big time. 4TB of data gone in a flash :mjcry:

full

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Post the part list. Also why are you buying a new one?
I have the parts list a few pages back. Im buying new parts becuse its time for an upgrade and prices are good atm. I usally upgrade every 3 years. I got a 4090, nvme 2tb samsung ssd( 2 of them), ddr5 32gb memory, be quiet aio cpu cooler, i5 34000 cpu, and i wnted the meshify pc xl case but they were out of stock so i got the antec performace full tower case.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just got done with my build. Probably the best case I ever used for wire management.

only thing i didnt like is i had to mount my aio radiator the opposite side i usally do because access to the CPU connectors to the mobo was too tight due to the radiator hose being in the way.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
Can this week get any worse for me? I just attempted to backup my audio to a new drive for the first time in a while and forgot to point to the correct folder and instead pointed to the root of the partition, now the command (rsync) done wiped the entire partition since I normally delete any content in the destination folder thats not present in the source folder when making backups. Good god I fukked up big time. 4TB of data gone in a flash :mjcry:

full
Photorec came in clutch and saved the day :blessed: