The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I literally just need my laptop to play 4 games: Starfield, Cyberpunk, Baldurs Gate 3, and Diablo 4. Anything after that is just a bonus for me.
Those are all GPU demanding games(like most AAA titles). That laptop will easily run them.

If u look at the min specs, u can run Strafield off an old ass $80 i7 because that game doesnt demand much from your cpu. (Doesnt mean u should do it but just shows which games depend on your gpu or cpu for better FPS)

Last edited:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I literally just need my laptop to play 4 games: Starfield, Cyberpunk, Baldurs Gate 3, and Diablo 4. Anything after that is just a bonus for me.
You aware that the laptop is 1080p right? if thats not a problem, get it. that gpu will eassily handle 1080p gaming

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Breh u make no damn sense :dead:

His laptop will be set for 5+ years easily and thats being generous.

The i5 is enough to handle 90% of everyones day to day uses including gaming. No need to overpay for high end cpus that u dont even use most threads on.

Dont fall for the typical overkill builds.

A laptop like that should be able to last 10 years

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
A laptop like that should be able to last 10 years
Breh, gaming laptops arent meant to be future proof which is why PC gamers don't buy one and don't recommend people to get one. Even so, what tech u think is coming out that will make a 2023 CPU obsolete in the next 5 years? :jbhmm:

That laptop can last years...having an i7 wont add much to its relevancy at all

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Breh, gaming laptops arent meant to be future proof which is why PC gamers don't buy one and don't recommend people to get one. Even so, what tech u think is coming out that will make a 2023 CPU obsolete in the next 5 years? :jbhmm:

That laptop can last years...having an i7 wont add much to its relevancy at all

Arrow Lake, TSMC N3

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You aware that the laptop is 1080p right? if thats not a problem, get it. that gpu will eassily handle 1080p gaming
I'm getting a laptop and a monitor. I don't have room to put a desk for a desktop right now. Finna place the monitor on my table in the living room and call it a day until my girlfriend and I get our house together next year.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If the laptop isn't jhon blaze like that, recommend me a laptop from best buy(I have a $4000 credit line there) that will do the job so I can get it.

@Bboystyle @Tunez

Like I said I don't have the room for the desktop set up that i've envisioned right now so a laptop will work for me for right now. Plus I can take it with me since I'm back and forth between houses so much now a days.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm getting a laptop and a monitor. I don't have room to put a desk for a desktop right now. Finna place the monitor on my table in the living room and call it a day until my girlfriend and I get our house together next year.
Ok well that makes sense. Your laptop should run at 2k easily (which is standard for pc gaming) and 4k pretty decent(some games may need to be lowered to get good fps). Make sure the laptop has a DisplayPort and get a 1440p monitor with at least 144hz and u gucci. But if u wanna game in 4k, u need a 4k monitor. This is why PC brehs rock with multplie monitors :myman:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I
Ok well that makes sense. Your laptop should run at 2k easily (which is standard for pc gaming) and 4k pretty decent(some games may need to be lowered to get good fps). Make sure the laptop has a DisplayPort and get a 1440p monitor with at least 144hz and u gucci. But if u wanna game in 4k, u need a 4k monitor. This is why PC brehs rock with multplie monitors :myman:
I'm not even a graphics fiend like that, I just want my shyt to be top flight performance wise. I'll take 1440p with no stuttering and drops in frame rate long as the gameplay is fire.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I

I'm not even a graphics fiend like that, I just want my shyt to be top flight performance wise. I'll take 1440p with no stuttering and drops in frame rate long as the gameplay is fire.
then get yourself a 1440p monitor with at least 144hz refresh rate and u can throw any game on no problem.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
If the laptop isn't jhon blaze like that, recommend me a laptop from best buy(I have a $4000 credit line there) that will do the job so I can get it.

@Bboystyle @Tunez

Like I said I don't have the room for the desktop set up that i've envisioned right now so a laptop will work for me for right now. Plus I can take it with me since I'm back and forth between houses so much now a days.

There's only 2 gaming laptops with i5 13th Gen, HP or MSI

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay