The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Can anyone recommend, or link me to some reputable sources for good CPU coolers reviews?

I'm looking for a good CPU cooler for an i5 13600K. I'm guessing it's probably best to get an AIO.

---------

Also, Linus is ass and has been ass for years. I appreciated seeing his come up but his shyt is littered with errors, it's for entertainment purposes only, and his arrogance will always downplay the errors and which in turn helps to spread misinformation among his followers.

I'm glad that Steve from Gamers Nexus took the time to compile evidence that many attentive/knowledgeable viewers noticed and put them on blast.

Hopefully LTT improves because the entire DIY PC space will be better for it in the long run.
I have the be quiet aio on my i5 and it never goes above 42 c

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Tech brehs, I’m not computer savvy at all anymore but I’ve got a question.. I took Luxs’ advice & I’m learning to fly planes through the friendly sky. MS Flight Simulator would really be helpful but i aint tryna break the bank on a gaming computer. Any advice or insight to go about copping a not so expensive gaming computer to help me get these wings?

u can get a low range gaming rig. Any RTX 1xxx GPU or higher would be good enough and any intel or AMD from 3 years ago as well.

should cost u roughly between $400 to $800 depending on which u choose

example:

just know its most likely going to be a used one because most places dont sell older cards
You could get a cheaper gaming PC and that would be ok, but it wouldn't give you the full flight sim experience IMO. Personally I think you should just sell some bussy and get a high end gaming PC so you can play Flight Simulator the way God intended.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
How u guys pack up your pcs to move? Just remove the gpu, ram, and cooler and leave the mobo in the case? Bubble wrap?

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
How u guys pack up your pcs to move? Just remove the gpu, ram, and cooler and leave the mobo in the case? Bubble wrap?

Just recently moved. I took out the GPU and left everything else in there, and put the case back in the original box it came in (knew I was gonna be moving soon so I held onto it).

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
fpclwjs0yuhb1.jpg

xo9zijs0yuhb1.jpg

riuqohs0yuhb1.jpg

Not even an RGB fan but this build looks beautiful :whew:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
My laptop and monitor came today, I'm finally PC gang. Now I just gotta wait until I move into my new place next year and I can set up my man cave with my whole set up. I'm already excited to build my desktop. I'm gonna start buying everything piece by piece over time since I still got about 8 more months until I actually move.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
My laptop and monitor came today, I'm finally PC gang. Now I just gotta wait until I move into my new place next year and I can set up my man cave with my whole set up. I'm already excited to build my desktop. I'm gonna start buying everything piece by piece over time since I still got about 8 more months until I actually move.
This is strongly discouraged and might leave you worse off. The same things you buy over time might not be as appealing (due to your needs and opinions changing with time and research) when you buy the last piece of the build, or they might be much cheaper than you paid for. Its probably better to just save up the target budget and put it aside until you are ready to build and buy everything at once or within a span of a week or two. That way you get the best value for your buck at the time of build.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This is strongly discouraged and might leave you worse off. The same things you buy over time might not be as appealing (due to your needs and opinions changing with time and research) when you buy the last piece of the build, or they might be much cheaper than you paid for. Its probably better to just save up the target budget and put it aside until you are ready to build and buy everything at once or within a span of a week or two. That way you get the best value for your buck at the time of build.
The logic makes sense. Like I said I got about 8 months until I can actually set my man cave up and buy the desk and the surround sound system I want as well so I'm not in a hurry. This laptop is nice though bruh I don't see why nikkas be hating on laptops this mufukka is nice. Granted I do understand a desktop is just more powerful, but I like the convenience of this thing... plus it's easier to travel around with it.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
The logic makes sense. Like I said I got about 8 months until I can actually set my man cave up and buy the desk and the surround sound system I want as well so I'm not in a hurry. This laptop is nice though bruh I don't see why nikkas be hating on laptops this mufukka is nice. Granted I do understand a desktop is just more powerful, but I like the convenience of this thing... plus it's easier to travel around with it.
Having a laptop is great so it isn't bad for gaming, but certainly not optimal. Having a main PC and maybe a laptop for gaming on the road is a better setup. I have a laptop I use all the time and ssh into the main PC through it to do work and other things like downloading, playing music, etc. Im no longer a gamer though so my laptop is an old model I got for $94. The great thing about it is that it is fully up-gradable and damn near all parts are replaceable (battery, cpu, keyboard, fans, etc...).....unlike the new laptops in the market today with everything soldered into the motherboard :francis: