The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
Tech brehs, I’m not computer savvy at all anymore but I’ve got a question.. I took Luxs’ advice & I’m learning to fly planes through the friendly sky. MS Flight Simulator would really be helpful but i aint tryna break the bank on a gaming computer. Any advice or insight to go about copping a not so expensive gaming computer to help me get these wings?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Tech brehs, I’m not computer savvy at all anymore but I’ve got a question.. I took Luxs’ advice & I’m learning to fly planes through the friendly sky. MS Flight Simulator would really be helpful but i aint tryna break the bank on a gaming computer. Any advice or insight to go about copping a not so expensive gaming computer to help me get these wings?
u can get a low range gaming rig. Any RTX 1xxx GPU or higher would be good enough and any intel or AMD from 3 years ago as well.

should cost u roughly between $400 to $800 depending on which u choose

example:

just know its most likely going to be a used one because most places dont sell older cards

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Good thing somebody finally called them out.

I remember that employee video where almost everyone said workload was too high and quality not up to par. Well if you want to keep churning out so many videos then hire additional people :hubie:
I don't watch his shyt, I don't like looking at his face :hubie: . But as an outsider it's clear all they do is churn content. Linus might want to hand that dude who name dropped GN his walking papers after they whoop his ass.

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
u can get a low range gaming rig. Any RTX 1xxx GPU or higher would be good enough and any intel or AMD from 3 years ago as well.

should cost u roughly between $400 to $800 depending on which u choose

example:

just know its most likely going to be a used one because most places dont sell older cards
Blessings, thank you

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I don't watch his shyt, I don't like looking at his face :hubie: . But as an outsider it's clear all they do is churn content. Linus might want to hand that dude who name dropped GN his walking papers after they whoop his ass.
I find MKBHD and LTT most easily digestible when trying to keep up with tech from time to time.

When I'm actually looking to buy a PC, GPU or a laptop then I get into research mode and would watch Gamers Nexus videos, but otherwise I couldn't tell you who's putting out a better GPU/CPU or what generation of chip they're on.

You're right, Linus is extremely arrogant. Which is okay if you're putting out quality work but if you're constantly putting out corrections and apologies but still talking big shyt then you're just an a$$hole.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I find MKBHD and LTT most easily digestible when trying to keep up with tech from time to time.

When I'm actually looking to buy a PC, GPU or a laptop then I get into research mode and would watch Gamers Nexus videos, but otherwise I couldn't tell you who's putting out a better GPU/CPU or what generation of chip they're on.

You're right, Linus is extremely arrogant. Which is okay if you're putting out quality work but if you're constantly putting out corrections and apologies but still talking big shyt then you're just an a$$hole.

There's that...and then there's the Billet Labs thing. That's an entirely different level of a$$holery.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I never liked linus. Even when he was at ncix. He was always a sales narketing guy. Credit him for being a big presencs in youtube tech. But when comes to raw data analysis.... dude could never be objective because hes in bed with too many companies.

His channel is just pure advertisement.

Holy fukk! fukk linus for that billet lab copper block.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
linus-response-v0-dh24b8ss85ib1.jpg

He's disappointed that Steve didn't go through proper journalistic practices :dead: if he's disappointed with Steve then he should be absolutely furious with his own journalistic practices.

Also love the 'we didn't sell the Billet monoblock, we auctioned it off' :mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
He continues to gloss over his own people saying they need more time to do more quality work, too.

Just get the vids out the door, we'll apologize for whatever later :unimpressed:

Been that way since forever. Clickbait titles with little information, cringy thumbnails, and express the purpose wrongs as "growing" issues to learn from.

Haven't seen an LTTT vid in years and I will gladly continue that streak. :banderas:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Can anyone recommend, or link me to some reputable sources for good CPU coolers reviews?

I'm looking for a good CPU cooler for an i5 13600K. I'm guessing it's probably best to get an AIO.

---------

Also, Linus is ass and has been ass for years. I appreciated seeing his come up but his shyt is littered with errors, it's for entertainment purposes only, and his arrogance will always downplay the errors and which in turn helps to spread misinformation among his followers.

I'm glad that Steve from Gamers Nexus took the time to compile evidence that many attentive/knowledgeable viewers noticed and put them on blast.

Hopefully LTT improves because the entire DIY PC space will be better for it in the long run.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Can anyone recommend, or link me to some reputable sources for good CPU coolers reviews?

I'm looking for a good CPU cooler for an i5 13600K. I'm guessing it's probably best to get an AIO.

---------

Also, Linus is ass and has been ass for years. I appreciated seeing his come up but his shyt is littered with errors, it's for entertainment purposes only, and his arrogance will always downplay the errors and which in turn helps to spread misinformation among his followers.

I'm glad that Steve from Gamers Nexus took the time to compile evidence that many attentive/knowledgeable viewers noticed and put them on blast.

Hopefully LTT improves because the entire DIY PC space will be better for it in the long run.
Scythe fuma 3. Just came out too.