The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Well built until you drop them from desk level height and the hinges break because they are made out of cheap plastic. Many have had that issue with those cans. All is good, just don't ever drop them :francis:

nah, gigabyte B650M. Avoid it if you can. too many problems reported by users online.
damn giga fell off too. i used to only use giga boards for a few gens before last

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Joined the ultrawide gang and will soon get another monitor arm to put on it :ehh:

FlMkgIB.jpg

Not well organized, but it works :yeshrug:

Dope

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Will this laptop be good for me to play Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, and Cyberpunk 2077 on it?

Trying to make the jump to PC, but I need something portable given how much I bounce around for right now cause of work.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Will this laptop be good for me to play Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, and Cyberpunk 2077 on it?

Trying to make the jump to PC, but I need something portable given how much I bounce around for right now cause of work.

There are small gaming PC's for your needs....as long as you can manage the higher temperatures due to a small case.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
Can I fit this in a backpack? I need something I can literally take anywhere right now. I'll build a desktop when I'm not on the go as much.
I dont know. There are various cases of different sizes out there so you'd need to do a bit of research to get what you want. Check out reddit.com/r/sffpc for more builds of that size.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
How does the laptop stack up?
Its inferior. GPU makers skimp on performance on laptop GPUs due to the size constraint and laptop motherboards not being meant to be as powerful as their desktop equivalents. Laptop prices factor in the convenience of portability and cost of cramming all that hardware into a small space. A desktop equivalent of any gaming laptop is likely to be around 50% of the price. For the same price as the laptop you get so much more out of a desktop.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
Funny that you posted this. My system hasnt booted since Tuesday morning :mjcry:.

I made the mistake of doing a quick reboot since it had been up for a couple of days and that was he end of me :francis:. It refuses to pick up the monitor no matter what I try. I flashed so many bios versions via the back panel button, cleared CMOS. Disassembled the whole thing, tried one ram at a time, tried both gpu and cpu slots for monitor. Tried different cables, hdmi and DP.....Absolutely nothing works. There is no display. I feel played wasting so many hours on this. I eventually just said fukk it lemme return the motherboard and buy another brand instead and now im still waiting for the new one to arrive.

If this one works, im only rebooting the system on the last day of each month going forward.
And sure enough, after changing the motherboard the issue I was having disappeared anf now I can get display and successfully boot into the bios of the new motherboard :francis:

Gigabyte from now on :camby:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Why not get a steam deck