The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Man, you nikkas on PC been eating good for wayyyyy too long, lmao. I finally see why GTA continue to do the numbers it's doing. I bought this shyt the other day on PC and added the L.A. Revo 2.0 mod along with Natrual Vision Evolved and this shyt is an entirely different game. nikka even got to remember to get gas and all type of shyt. The cars feel realistic as hell now too

Ɀoᥱɣ

All Star
Daps
Man, you nikkas on PC been eating good for wayyyyy too long, lmao. I finally see why GTA continue to do the numbers it's doing. I bought this shyt the other day on PC and added the L.A. Revo 2.0 mod along with Natrual Vision Evolved and this shyt is an entirely different game. nikka even got to remember to get gas and all type of shyt. The cars feel realistic as hell now too
Get QuantV and a good reshade

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Joined the ultrawide gang and will soon get another monitor arm to put on it :ehh:

FlMkgIB.jpg

Not well organized, but it works :yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm thinking of upgrading my boot drive. I'm currently using a 1tb nvme want to upgrade to a faster 2tb. What's a good way to do it without having to reinstall windows and everything else?

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I've learnt that for gaming you are better off not using a laptop because the performance to value ratio is terrible. For $1200 you would for sure build a better PC and save about $600. If size is a concern for you, then you could opt for the ITX form factor type of build like this:
r5fomrpzxfdb1.png

Im not a gamer tho so maybe the brehs like @Ciggavelli and @Ruck can provide more useful info for your use case :hubie:
What about a liquid cooled 4070 desktop it’s $400 more than the laptop and 32gb ram :lupe:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
What about a liquid cooled 4070 desktop it’s $400 more than the laptop and 32gb ram :lupe:
You could still build one yourself for less. Checkout pcpartpicker site for inspiration of builds with the 4070 or the parts you'd like to have. Many people post their builds there with pictures and all.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Funny that you posted this. My system hasnt booted since Tuesday morning :mjcry:.

I made the mistake of doing a quick reboot since it had been up for a couple of days and that was he end of me :francis:. It refuses to pick up the monitor no matter what I try. I flashed so many bios versions via the back panel button, cleared CMOS. Disassembled the whole thing, tried one ram at a time, tried both gpu and cpu slots for monitor. Tried different cables, hdmi and DP.....Absolutely nothing works. There is no display. I feel played wasting so many hours on this. I eventually just said fukk it lemme return the motherboard and buy another brand instead and now im still waiting for the new one to arrive.

If this one works, im only rebooting the system on the last day of each month going forward.
were u on an asus board?

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
:whoo:oh you ballin huh. You got a few cans there I've been meaning to give a try. How you finding the X2HR's? I got a pair and them mofos is COMFY :ohlawd:

In addition to being comfortable they are well built, relatively cheap and with good bass extension that go well with most music genres.

Last edited:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
In addition to being comfortable they are well built, relatively inexpensive and with good bass extension that go well with most music genres.
Well built until you drop them from desk level height and the hinges break because they are made out of cheap plastic. Many have had that issue with those cans. All is good, just don't ever drop them :francis:

were u on an asus board?
nah, gigabyte B650M. Avoid it if you can. too many problems reported by users online.