The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Still waiting for the case to arrive now that all other parts are with me. I feel like its no reason for a delivery to take over 7 days in this day and age unless its shipping from overseas. No wonder Amazon be shytting on all these online retailers :francis:

It’sso easy to overspend on a board I’m guilty of it :guilty:. U just gotta know is you’re gonna take advantage of the extra features of these x670 or z790 boards
I went with a B650M that has as many USB ports as possible. I need to connect a bunch of things like mechanical keyboards, DACs and Amps via the USB ports so I need there to be plenty left.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Still waiting for the case to arrive now that all other parts are with me. I feel like its no reason for a delivery to take over 7 days in this day and age unless its shipping from overseas. No wonder Amazon be shytting on all these online retailers :francis:

I went with a B650M that has as many USB ports as possible. I need to connect a bunch of things like mechanical keyboards, DACs and Amps via the USB ports so I need there to be plenty left.
I have the same issue with usb ports. I had to buy a separate usb card, and I'm currently maxed out and can't add that 4th external hdd that I wanted to double backup my downloads :mjcry:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Loop finished... for now.
PXL-20230715-154641529-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20230715-154609552-PORTRAIT.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Combining two of my fav hobbies? Nah :skip:

Ridiculous :wow:

I like unique cases though. shyt’s kinda brilliant, but the usb port problem is well, a problem.

If I was a sneaker head and had a channel or something with a following, this would be a great addition for videos.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Jumping into the game. :lupe: Xbox has exclusives I'd be interested in but I couldn't see a reason to purchase the console itself. Opted for a mid-tier entry level gaming laptop that just released in May/June instead. Any games exclusively on PC I should be looking at?

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
Sold my old synology nas but I’m gonna get a bigger one before the year ends

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I went from an Asus AP201 matx case to a Dan C4-SFX itx case. But I have to order a custom gpu cable because it doesn’t close.

And I bought an i3 for the old case and motherboard to set it up as a TrueNas server.

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
Been looking into getting a NAS setup as cold storage for all the shyt I been pirating for the last 15 years. Put me on breh, im all ears. :jbhmm:
Went for a NAS for the same reason. I went with synology because all of the good reviews. I had a ds920+. That has 4 bays at the time that I got for 500. Setup was extremely easy and the OS is very user friendly. You can access it from anywhere if you want that ability. You can use apps such as Plex or emby to organize and watch your media.

It basically ran for two years straight and I never had an issue or a drive failure. So I would recommend synology but their are other brands out their and if you wanted to you could build your own nas from scratch.