The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
What is the best and reasonable price GPU out right now? I'm about to cop a 4070 and want to know you guys opinion on the card.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah I don't know anything about that. I just chose random parts from PC part Picker.

That might be too complicated for you, if you don't have the background knowledge. I'd look at other people's builds to familiarize yourself with the components. If you go to Custom PC Builder | Gaming Desktops & Laptops | CyberPowerPC, you can look at the builds and different options people typically get. It's all visual too, which can help. I'm not saying buy a pc from them, just use them as a reference.

Once you have your budget secured, you can ask us for help too. It's fun to do the research yourself though, if you have the time. But if you say have $4000, we can help you choose components.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I've never played on 120+. Honestly don't need it.

Ok I didn't think about games getting more advanced in graphics, which is true. 4 years is good enough for me, I can save and make major upgrades every 4 years.

Can y'all build me a PC? 4K, 60fps, & ray tracing for every big game. The reddit builds I posted were off according to this thread.

Here’s the build for my living room PC:

It’s way more than what you need. You can save money by a going a couple tiers down from these components.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just went to Cyberpower PC and briefly looked at some builds. Take a loot at this as a starting point. I'd definitely change around some of the default components, but you can get something like this for around that $4k I was thinking:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
4K, High settings, 120 FPS.
I'm gonna use Cyberpunk as the baseline, because it's really hard to run (most games aren't this hard to run, but in the future they may be, so it's safe):

I'd spend extra and get the 4080, but it looks like the 4070 will be good for most games.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I'm gonna use Cyberpunk as the baseline, because it's really hard to run (most games aren't this hard to run, but in the future they may be, so it's safe):

I'd spend extra and get the 4080, but it looks like the 4070 will be good for most games.
I can get the 4080 but thinking about spending a stack on a GPU sound crazy to me idk.

Any word on if it will drop down in price? I been using a GTX 970 since it first came out and been needing a upgrade for almost a decade :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can get the 4080 but thinking about spending a stack on a GPU sound crazy to me idk.

Any word on if it will drop down in price? I been using a GTX 970 since it first came out and been needing a upgrade for almost a decade :francis:
Likely next year when the 5000 series is about to come out. Some say the 5000 series won't happen until early 2025, but it could be Fall 2024.

You might be able to find a used 4080 on ebay though. Somebody may have wanted to upgrade to the 4090 or 4090ti if/when it comes out.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
That might be too complicated for you, if you don't have the background knowledge. I'd look at other people's builds to familiarize yourself with the components. If you go to Custom PC Builder | Gaming Desktops & Laptops | CyberPowerPC, you can look at the builds and different options people typically get. It's all visual too, which can help. I'm not saying buy a pc from them, just use them as a reference.

Once you have your budget secured, you can ask us for help too. It's fun to do the research yourself though, if you have the time. But if you say have $4000, we can help you choose components.

Alright, So I found a reddit guide explaining the breakdowns. I didn't look into specs too much, but I built something out. Not sure about sound cards and wired/wireless network adapters.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle

You can get a brand new 3090 Ti on eBay for $800 right now. Depends on whether or not you care about having the latest.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Alright, So I found a reddit guide explaining the breakdowns. I didn't look into specs too much, but I built something out. Not sure about sound cards and wired/wireless network adapters.

If you get a good enough mobo, it'll have a good soundcard and network adapter on it. I used to get fancy sound cards, but from an audiophile perspective (which I am), they are not good. It's much better to use an external dac and amp/headphone amp. I use usb out from my mobo to some Kef LS 50 Wireless speakers (which have the dac and amp integrated in them). For headphones, I either use my headphone setup (with my good dac and amp), or some wireless Audeze Maxwell heaphones.

Anyway, the soundcard shouldn't be a big concern for you.

Also, your link isn't showing the parts you are trying to get, or at least I can't see them