The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
cpu - intel i5 13600k

Motherboard - msi z790 tomahawk

Ram/ddr5 - 32gb minimum. Brands such as G.Skill, Corsair, Teamgroup and crucial are solid. Try and look for 6000mhz cl36 speed kits.

Power supply - Look for a power supply thats atx 3.0 ready and has a gold rating. 850w minimum. Evga, seasonic and corsair are solid brands.

Case - subjective but lian li, phanteks and fractal are really the top brands in terms of quality and innovation. Recommend lian li air mini.

Cpu cooler - scythe fuma 2

Storage/Nvme - Samsung Pro series are the most reliable. Wd black are great too.
So I said fukk it let me jump into the deep end and came up with this build: Part List - AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Radeon RX 6650 XT, Deepcool CH370 MicroATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

ya'll think I fukked up? :lupe: got most of the parts used off amazon so cheaper than the price listed there.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Control is one of the most frustrating game I've ever played. I'm so sick and tired of this game. shyt actually makes me mad (Elden Ring never made me this mad). I don't recommend it. It stopped being fun after how cheap the game was at certain parts (I'm currently doing one of the DLCs and it is pissing me the fukk off). You never know what you are supposed to do, where you are supposed to go, and the map is a piece of shyt. I never put games on easy, but I might just to finish the story up. fukk this game :stopitslime:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Control is one of the most frustrating game I've ever played. I'm so sick and tired of this game. shyt actually makes me mad (Elden Ring never made me this mad). I don't recommend it. It stopped being fun after how cheap the game was at certain parts (I'm currently doing one of the DLCs and it is pissing me the fukk off). You never know what you are supposed to do, where you are supposed to go, and the map is a piece of shyt. I never put games on easy, but I might just to finish the story up. fukk this game :stopitslime:
Been there. No point of finishing if its not bringing satisfaction. Move on and finish the story on youtube.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just realized this whole post was pointless.

Even when Windows starts charging for W11, refurbs will have it pre-installed by the time I pull the trigger. I'll just bide my time and get more bang for my buck in 2025 when W10 loses support
Bricked my PC trying to dual boot Debian 12 😭. I think my issues stemmed from my BIOS firmware being +10 years old & no longer supported perhaps.

Either way, I copped a used desktop off eBay (OptiPlex 7060 w/ i5-8500 @ $155 + taxes) and it arrived today.

Was able to upgrade to Windows 11 on this computer, but the more I read about Microsoft, the less I like them, so I decided to take the plunge and use Linux as my daily driver. Just finished successfully setting up dual boot & partitioned off 75% of my SSD to Debian. I will try to use it as my daily driver moving forward

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Finally beat Control, and didn't turn it on easy. :blessed:

I just said fukk the side quests. They're much are harder than the main quests. I probably won't even bother finishing them, but we'll see.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I picked up Nier Automata and The Witchers from the Steam Summer Sale. Got Dragonball Kakarot as well. Looking forward to checking those out.
Nier Automata will be a faster play through than The Witcher games. might want to knock that out first cuz Witcher is a time sink.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
ya boy finna join the 4090 club, just in time for BG3, Cyberpunk Phathom Liberty at 4k and Starfield with the inevitable month-one player-made HD texture mods :banderas:

What's come out lately that's on the upper-end visually that I should check out? I've played most of the big releases but what is transformed by a visual upgrade enough to justify a look?