The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
The first one was when I had the ASUS Tuf Gaming motherboard and they have the USB connector next to the motherboard connector which is the most ridiculous thing to put next to each other and I accidently bent one of the pins in the USB connector trying to plug it in, but everything else worked. The second was completely on me when I try to take out 3700x from the ASUS motherboard to put in my MSI one, I bent an pin taking it out improperly, to which, I later replaced that with the 5800x as Amazon was out of 3700x. Lastly, and I'm probably at fault on is after having to rebuild the system again, possibly one of my outlets probably killed the EVGA PSU (not too sure on that one, but the folks over at Microcenter told me everything, but the PSU is working fine after doing an diagnostic). So after getting another EVGA PSU and put in the new PSU, it's not working too after plugging it in the same outlet, but somehow, I went and plug my phone charger and charge my phone to see if it is the outlet and next thing you know my phone is being charged no problem.

Either I have the worst case of luck, or I'm not being delicate enough to be doing this.

first of all, if you bend a pin you can bend it back...

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
The first one was when I had the ASUS Tuf Gaming motherboard and they have the USB connector next to the motherboard connector which is the most ridiculous thing to put next to each other and I accidently bent one of the pins in the USB connector trying to plug it in, but everything else worked. The second was completely on me when I try to take out 3700x from the ASUS motherboard to put in my MSI one, I bent an pin taking it out improperly, to which, I later replaced that with the 5800x as Amazon was out of 3700x. Lastly, and I'm probably at fault on is after having to rebuild the system again, possibly one of my outlets probably killed the EVGA PSU (not too sure on that one, but the folks over at Microcenter told me everything, but the PSU is working fine after doing an diagnostic). So after getting another EVGA PSU and put in the new PSU, it's not working too after plugging it in the same outlet, but somehow, I went and plug my phone charger and charge my phone to see if it is the outlet and next thing you know my phone is being charged no problem.

Either I have the worst case of luck, or I'm not being delicate enough to be doing this.
Ive never seen such unlucky fukkery
full

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
first of all, if you bend a pin you can bend it back...
I though about that, but I rather take the L
Yeah I think I went through 2 motherboards before I figured it out. I RMA'd both and learned my lesson.
That ASUS motherboard particularly, while people did mention it is an good motherboard, just about everybody complained about the port placement on the board and when I try to get it RMA'd, they were doing everything in their power to say it was something else to avoid giving me an new board (they were saying it was the RAM, when I know damn well it wasn't my RAM). I wouldn't be surprise they had to RMA that board a lot due to that.
Ive never seen such unlucky fukkery
full
Never in my 26 years being on this planet have I got hit with some back to back bad luck like that :why:, the plant is trying to tell me just stick with prebuilds even though the one I'm one currently is getting close to an decade old in 3 years :francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I've done everything, from fans, mineral oil and liquid....I'd rather just have a powerful/ugly fan, the maintenance on mineral and liquid is just too fukking annoying. I never had any leaks, but you always have to be ahead of the curve, and wait for plates, parts, etc.

Also this;

Noctua just kills the game....also heat pipes make more sense scientifically.

I had been doing liquid cooling for my cpu my last two builds but got a Noctua NH-U12A just to see what all the fuss is about and sense I am not overclocking my cpu it keeps it every bit as cool as my liquid coolers used to.

If you are NOT overclocking a cpu then there is no functional reason to get a liquid cooler other than aesthetics.

This thing is insanely silent to :wow:

It's big as fukk though :mjlol:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah, this PC building thing is not for me as I manage to bend the pins for my motherboard (I replaced it), CPU (replaced that too) and manage to somehow kill my PSU twice (replace the first one and manage to kill the second one today) after not messing up the motherboard and PSU. I guess I'm more of an person who can set up software no problem, but hardware looks like is not my forte :francis: because if I keep this up, it will become an money sink.

nikka you got feet for hands or some shyt :gucci:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I had been doing liquid cooling for my cpu my last two builds but got a Noctua NH-U12A just to see what all the fuss is about and sense I am not overclocking my cpu it keeps it every bit as cool as my liquid coolers used to.

If you are NOT overclocking a cpu then there is no functional reason to get a liquid cooler other than aesthetics.

This thing is insanely silent to :wow:

It's big as fukk though :mjlol:

Got the NH-D15. Trust me, you're good. :pachaha:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Brehs I spent a gift card on this ff7 remake and Im already pontificating a refund request :mjcry:

Why this shyt so cringy? :mjcry:

Why barret a bigger minstrel than I remember? Fukk these japs:mjcry: