The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's my first time building an PC

what-more-do-you-want-from-me-crying.gif
All you had to do was watch a PC building YT video lol

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
20211219-113221.jpg

Built my first custom keyboard. Took forever lubing the switches. Need to get new stabilizers but will do later.

Keyboard base/frame - GMMK Pro

Switches - Boba U4T Tactile (Lubed with Krytox 205g0 mixed with 105g0)

Keycaps - Akko Psittacus Cherry Profile.

Next upgrade will be Durock V2 stabilizerss. All in all, very happy with the results. My first tactile switch and it definitely makes a difference typing. I can see why people to do coding or type alot prefer these switches as it makes you less prone to mistakes.

But for gaming its not ideal at all. shyt is gonna take some time.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
someone shill me a windows laptop that has an i7 processor or better. doesn't have to do anything fancy like updated graphics or lots of storage space. just need it to run chrome and be reliable. the cheaper the better. was looking at the surface pros but they too much both literally and in price. my most desired was the 2 screen ones from asus but I don't know if those are worth it. maybe I'll see what dell got. or maybe samsung. I just need something with good productivity for when I travel.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
someone shill me a windows laptop that has an i7 processor or better. doesn't have to do anything fancy like updated graphics or lots of storage space. just need it to run chrome and be reliable. the cheaper the better. was looking at the surface pros but they too much both literally and in price. my most desired was the 2 screen ones from asus but I don't know if those are worth it. maybe I'll see what dell got. or maybe samsung. I just need something with good productivity for when I travel.
Buy Galaxy Book Pro & Pro 360 | Price & Deals | Samsung US

Dell Vostro 5301 13 Inch Laptop | Dell USA

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop | Dell USA

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
20211219-113221.jpg

Built my first custom keyboard. Took forever lubing the switches. Need to get new stabilizers but will do later.

Next upgrade will be Durock V2 stabilizerss. All in all, very happy with the results. My first tactile switch and it definitely makes a difference typing. I can see why people to do coding or type alot prefer these switches as it makes you less prone to mistakes.

I have to ask… why ?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Cant go back mainstream..over a keyboard :dahell: :heh: i aint mad it :hubie: looks good :hubie: just something id never do or seen before :russ:
I am not knocking keyboards you can buy online or from a store. My Corsair Strafe held me down for years. The Hyperx Elite 2 I got over a month ago was great when I first got it. But I kept having issues with it not working whenever I powered on my PC - I always shut my computer off when not in use.

I returned it to Best Buy the day before Thanksgiving. Was looking for another keyboard but came across a video on youtube of thocky keyboards and mods. Black Friday came and took advantage of the sales which cost me $270 for everything.

$270 is not practical for a fukking keyboard. Especially if you don't like to tinker or do diy projects. I'm not gonna go down the rabbit hole and be a custom keyboard elitist snob. This keyboard should last me forever. And if something happens or doesn't work, I like the freedom of repairing it yourself.

Also, I got a new job 3 months ago where I am working from home and typing a lot of reports daily. This keyboard has been awesome with that. Not saying others can't do the job. But it has made me a more efficient and faster typer.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
20211219-113221.jpg

I know u did the colors cuz of Ohio State but this could also pass for a cool NES look.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Any of you brehs update your rig to Windows 11 yet?

This update keeps bugging me to do so...I dunno doe :patrice: