The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
My brehs I never experienced this before building a PC for a kid and the I believe the PSU is faulty. The computer doesn't turn on at all, the fans don't turn on, no beeping noise. The only thing that lights up is the lettering on the motherboard.

Going to run to the store to get another PSU. Anybody experienced this before?

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
My brehs I never experienced this before building a PC for a kid and the I believe the PSU is faulty. The computer doesn't turn on at all, the fans don't turn on, no beeping noise. The only thing that lights up is the lettering on the motherboard.

does the mobo have a speaker on it?
that could be why there is no beep?
you prob already checked this but the pin connection from the power button to the mobo?

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
you prob already checked this but the pin connection from the power button to the mobo?

Yeah it does have a speaker and I checked the connector completely. When you hit the switch on the PSU the icon would light up on motherboard but nothing else gets turned on. I mean nothing.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Just plug in the PSU and the fan doesn't even move on the PSU. Just a clicking noise. Heading to best buy to buy another PSU to see

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

probably the PSU, but it could be the mobo

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Took apart the PC again new PSU same issue. Check the CPU and a couple of pins are bend smfh
I had a MOBO with a bunch of bent pins at work one time. I just bent them bytches back and buttoned it all back up like everything was good
full

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps