The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Yeah it's nice, I rarely buy any PC parts online since I'm about 20 minutes from a MC.

i accidentally bought 2 Oculus 2's and sold the extra to a cousin for her son.
she also wants to build a gaming PC for him but i told her not to do it now because reasons.
this thread made me look to see if she had a Microcenter around her way and she does.
so i hit her up this morning to let her know, hopefully she can get little man into the PCVR game.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Is it a good idea to use studio monitors instead of regular speakers just for gaming or watching media?

I don’t like headphones and my old speakers stopped working, so I see a lot of people use monitors in their setup so I am thinking about trying it. Or should I just go get regular speakers?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Is it a good idea to use studio monitors instead of regular speakers just for gaming or watching media?

I don’t like headphones and my old speakers stopped working, so I see a lot of people use monitors in their setup so I am thinking about trying it. Or should I just go get regular speakers?
Literally anything will be better then the trash ass speakers that come inside computer monitors.

Unless you are making music, theres no need for studio monitors.

Get you an Edifier speaker set and you're golden.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Literally anything will be better then the trash ass speakers that come inside computer monitors.

Unless you are making music, theres no need for studio monitors.

Get you an Edifier speaker set and you're golden.
The edifiers I was looking at were also monitors tho. Are you saying monitors speakers are trash or are you saying the speakers that are built into your computer monitors are trash? My brother has the JBL MKII and he said I should get those but he also makes music.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
The edifiers I was looking at were also monitors tho. Are you saying monitors speakers are trash or are you saying the speakers that are built into your computer monitors are trash? My brother has the JBL MKII and he said I should get those but he also makes music.
I meant computer screen monitor speakers are trash. The Edifiers are probably labeled 'monitor speakers' because they're actively powered - built in amp.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Even tho everyone online seems to say AIOs are not worth it compared to regular fans I just want some liquid cooking for how clean it looks :mjgrin::snoop:

Plus im a SUCKER for more RGB

I'm not into having my rig looking like a fast and the furious car, but AIO's are clean....however, not the best. Noctua pretty much owns the game with their fans. Yes, they're bulky and color scheme is trash, but effective? Yes, easily cooling rigs in the summer like its a joke.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

I've done everything, from fans, mineral oil and liquid....I'd rather just have a powerful/ugly fan, the maintenance on mineral and liquid is just too fukking annoying. I never had any leaks, but you always have to be ahead of the curve, and wait for plates, parts, etc.

Also this;

Noctua just kills the game....also heat pipes make more sense scientifically.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I've done everything, from fans, mineral oil and liquid....I'd rather just have a powerful/ugly fan, the maintenance on mineral and liquid is just too fukking annoying. I never had any leaks, but you always have to be ahead of the curve, and wait for plates, parts, etc.

Also this;

Noctua just kills the game....also heat pipes make more sense scientifically.

I use AIO liquid cooling for my CPU and it runs cold as hell with no maintenance needed at all besides dusting the fans on the radiator.

Cant stand bulky ass heatsinks

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I prefer fans myself. I enjoy the background noise and its self supporting. Nothing really goes wrong with pushing air.

On that note, the Kryonaut (sp?) thermal paste is super legit. Since GPU prices are still crazy, I redid my 1060 cooling and it made quite the difference.