The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Because the FOMO retards are willing to pay scalpers prices, they're fukking the market all the way up. If they know you'll by at 4 grand, what incentive is there to sell it for 2? People are their own worst enemy.

Exactly. People keep saying this will fix itself and honestly i dont think so this time. People have proven outright that the tech was being released at too low a cost. If you think the 4000 series cards are gonna launch at the same price range as the 3000 series u crazy. This is the new normal.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Because the FOMO retards are willing to pay scalpers prices, they're fukking the market all the way up. If they know you'll by at 4 grand, what incentive is there to sell it for 2? People are their own worst enemy.
Yep. Like I said in another post, if I wasn't able to get a card for retail or a little above I wasn't going to build a PC. I don't care what the item is, I'm not paying 200+ above retail for anything:yeshrug:. I don't need it that bad. Hell, thats why I got out the sneaker game.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 17 G733QS-XS98Q 17.3" Gaming Laptop [165Hz][Ryzen 9 5900HX][RTX 3080 16GB][32GB DDR4][1TB SSD][Black]
only 2k.
yay or nay?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 17 G733QS-XS98Q 17.3" Gaming Laptop [165Hz][Ryzen 9 5900HX][RTX 3080 16GB][32GB DDR4][1TB SSD][Black]
only 2k.
yay or nay?

If legit, then yes. You can always get more RAM later. Buuuuut...how? Are you at anchor in Taipei? :jbhmm:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
If legit, then yes. You can always get more RAM later. Buuuuut...how? Are you at anchor in Taipei? :jbhmm:

Yea where u getting this? shyt i might cop that at that price.

im in asia.

32gb ram is more than enough for me. anyways ....i ordered it . gonna take about 10 days. then i have to do the OS clone from this laptop. then partitions. then the volting configs etc.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Get in where you fit in, early.

Intel running out of wafers - shortage and extreme price jumps expected for Rocket Lake S in Q2 2021 | igor´sLAB

Intel running out of wafers – shortage and extreme price jumps expected for Rocket Lake S in Q2 2021
6. April 2021

Intel has been reporting substrate shortages to key partners all last week. Intel’s Q1 allocations for Rocket Lake are still pretty good, so the SKUs have been available for at least a couple of weeks, if not longer, near MSRP and still will be. So if you are planning to buy a RKL CPU, you certainly shouldn’t wait too long, because it won’t get any cheaper for a while. More expensive at most. The reason: unfortunately, Q2 allocations for Rocket Lake will be hit hard due to the substrate shortage. Since Core i9 is prioritized, Core i7 and Core i5 should be the most affected.

Considering that Intel is in a far better position than TSMC to manage supply itself, as TSMC is not only substrate constrained but also capacity constrained unlike Intel’s Foundry, Intel partners, including distributors and retailers, are expected to have a decent initial inventory of Intel Rocket Lake CPUs that could last a month or more. This is the Q1 allocation and part of the initial order. The Q2 allocation is a different story, however, as Intel will most likely not be able to match the initial volume for the entire stack. And considering that currently every chip you can possibly make sells best, they will focus on the higher margin stack first, which should drive market prices up hard as a result.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
when can we expect the prices to go back to normal?

:damn:
Nope :francis: Remember how Nvidia hiked the prices up with the 20 series due to cryptomining, we know there's an good chance the 40 series, AMD and Intels CPUs and GPUs will go up again and use cryptomining and the pandemic as an excuse.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Fuk it, copped another overpriced 3080 from amazon

don't ask me how much it cost

:mjcry:
NGL I'm at that stage where I'll just bite the bullet and pay for these overprice cards. Probably gonna head up to Microcenter early in the morning before they open sometime next week to see if they got anything.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been needing a new gpu for a minute..prices look like they're STILL trending up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope :francis: Remember how Nvidia hiked the prices up with the 20 series due to cryptomining, we know there's an good chance the 40 series, AMD and Intels CPUs and GPUs will go up again and use cryptomining and the pandemic as an excuse.

NVIDIA already came out and said their new GPUs will be nerfed from mining starting with the 3080ti, and any new 3080s they will be reproduced going forward, that's why the the scalper prices skyrocketed further, because it will be impossible to mine with the new ones

also Ethereum will be impossible to mine next year they don't need miners any more, they have to cut the amount of ethereum coins so the price can skyrocket, to get rid of the high gas you pay for transaction fees they will have ethereum coins destroyed each time a transaction is made to eliminate the fees, and also the supply so ethereum can rise faster