The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
In my opinion it would be better to just wait. I would never buy a prebuilt. Most do not give you the option to choose what parts are used and typically cut corners on some of the most important components (like PSU). Even then depending on what you need the PC for, you could just get a processor with integrated graphics and run with that until prices are more resonable.
Nzxt let’s u pick every part of ur build.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
In my opinion it would be better to just wait. I would never buy a prebuilt. Most do not give you the option to choose what parts are used and typically cut corners on some of the most important components (like PSU). Even then depending on what you need the PC for, you could just get a processor with integrated graphics and run with that until prices are more resonable.
The "prebuilt" I bought, I customized all of it. I just knew that getting a gpu right now would be difficult and was not having good luck finding deals.

If the market wasn't like "this" I would've definitely built my own but who knows when things will return to normal.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Then what’s ur beef with prebuilts? If you could get it built exactly how u wanted, why not?
Because you can't. You are limited by the parts they have for one. Second, they aee over priced. Like I said, I would wait instead of paying someone additional money to do something I could do myself. If you're fine with prebuilts, more power to you. I just expressed my opinion on why I wouldn't do it.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Aren’t even prebuilts more expensive now with the shortage going on?
If you don't want to buy a prebuild you can buy the individual parts and take it somewhere to get it built...like microcenter. There maybe some local spots near you that do it as well.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Or you can join a discord and be ready when the cards drop. I built my PC this year and was able to get a 3080 for retail. Microcenter had some cards as well but I was looking for a 3080.
That was then, this is right now. Even if you go the Discord route, good fukking luck finding anything reasonably priced.

Also, some folks are not lucky enough to live close to a Microcenter. I would mention that Newegg does the shuffule deal or w/e but you run into the same problem of needing to be lucky to get a retailed priced GPU, not including actually getting the GPU.

My advice remains, buy a prebuilt, pay scalper pricing, or be extremely lucky.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That was then, this is right now. Even if you go the Discord route, good fukking luck finding anything reasonably priced.

Also, some folks are not lucky enough to live close to a Microcenter. I would mention that Newegg does the shuffule deal or w/e but you run into the same problem of needing to be lucky to get a retailed priced GPU, not including actually getting the GPU.

My advice remains, buy a prebuilt, pay scalper pricing, or be extremely lucky.

Yeah I got my FE 3090 off Nvidia site a few months ago but that does not even seem to be an option anymore because if you go to nvidia site and click on ANY gpu it instantly takes you to either best buy, new egg, or amazon. I don't even see the option to sign up for email alerts from nvidia anymore for FE cards

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
pretty sure the Founders Edition cards are meant to be limited. but I guess that's indistinguishable when every card is limited

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Went to Computer store and bought a open box motherboard and shyt had 2x32GB Ram inside and a unsealed 1TB SSD that was not supposed to be in there:wow:.

Merry Christmas to me:blessed:

Also got my 5950x:ohlawd:

Just waiting to cop a 3070 and my build is complete :whew:
A 5950x and you're gonna insult it with a 3070?
full