The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
CYBERPUNK w/ VSR 4K, DLSS 2.0 ULTRA, RT ULTRAMAXED OUT is the wave right now everything runs like a dream with just a RTX 2060 Super

Anyone not using VSR (Which looks better than real '4K' because of super sampling) and DLSS has to spend like 3K on a PC for it not to even max shyt out :hhh:

These pure rasterization cats are out of touch its a suckers game at this point :mjlol:I see why Nvidia is pushing this tech so hard I'm skipping the RTX 3000 series(with DLSS I basically already have it) and waiting on upgrading my monitor until the HDMI 2.1 issues are ironed out

lmao VSR does not look like 4k

It just allows your graphics to support 4k resolution in the settings so you can see what you need to upgrade to get the performance you want at 4k
before you waste money on a 4k monitor lmao

When I had my 1080ti, I could switch any game to 4k and even 8k in the settings because my card supported those resolutions, even though game performance would tank it could see run the game in those resolution

and switching to 8k on a 4k screen, I also did this with the 3080 on Arkham Knight which was able to get 60fps in 8k resolution, even though I didn't have an 8k screen, and the image quality is better than 4k even the screen isn't 8k.

You can magically make pixels appear on a screen

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
lmao VSR does not look like 4k

It just allows your graphics to support 4k resolution in the settings so you can see what you need to upgrade to get the performance you want at 4k
before you waste money on a 4k monitor lmao

When I had my 1080ti, I could switch any game to 4k and even 8k in the settings because my card supported those resolutions, even though game performance would tank it could see run the game in those resolution

and switching to 8k on a 4k screen, I also did this with the 3080 on Arkham Knight which was able to get 60fps in 8k resolution, even though I didn't have an 8k screen, and the image quality is better than 4k even the screen isn't 8k.

You can magically make pixels appear on a screen
That nikka gotta be getting like 15fps with that card he has mixed with the settings he claimed. Lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That nikka gotta be getting like 15fps with that card he has mixed with the settings he claimed. Lol

I was more amused with the fact he though he was looking at 4k the whole time when there is literally no difference other than a slight sharpness to the image

This is what I almost tell people what to do, run two setups right next to each other, half the same guy on a 1080p and on 4k side by side, and you will see the difference is tremendous, it's not even comparable, 1080p on 4k a screen just looks blurry because the TV is upscaling the image, you can trick your eyes into not seeing much of a difference, you have two separate screens right next each other with the same contact, and you will feel stupid thinking 4k isn't the wave

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I was more amused with the fact he though he was looking at 4k the whole time when there is literally no difference other than a slight sharpness to the image

This is what I almost tell people what to do, run two setups right next to each other, half the same guy on a 1080p and on 4k side by side, and you will see the difference is tremendous, it's not even comparable, 1080p on 4k a screen just looks blurry because the TV is upscaling the image, you can trick your eyes into not seeing much of a difference, you have two separate screens right next each other with the same contact, and you will feel stupid thinking 4k isn't the wave
1080p on a 1080p screen looks way better than 1080p on a 4K screen. IMO 1440p is the lowest resolution u should game at on PC if ur shyt is capable.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1080p on a 1080p screen looks way better than 1080p on a 4K screen. IMO 1440p is the lowest resolution u should game at on PC if ur shyt is capable.

Yeah on a smaller screen, on a big 1080p TV does not look better than 4k TV 1080p, especially expensive TVS that do a good job upscaling 1080p

but you should game on whatever resolution your screen is, and adjust the settings to get better performance if it's not to your liking

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yeah on a smaller screen, on a big 1080p TV does not look better than 4k TV 1080p, especially expensive TVS that do a good job upscaling 1080p

but you should game on whatever resolution your screen is, and adjust the settings to get better performance if it's not to your liking
Yea of course but as someone who specialized in home theater builds for years. There is 1080p TV’s that are better than some of these garbage 4KTV’s that drop because of a plethora of reasons. Better motion handling. Less banding. Better video processing. Better color reproduction. Wider color gamut. Better dynamic range etc etc. Now a good 4K is beating a good 1080p TV every single time.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Went ahead and copped my first curved monitor before it sold out again. Going from 1080p 144hz to 1440p 144hz HDR. That sweet spot.:wow:
Samsung Odyssey G5 27" LED Curved WQHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR (HDMI) Black LC27G55TQWNXZA - Best Buy

XLo9N8wr_o.jpeg
I won't lie, this shyt felt weird as hell at first:mjlol:, but as soon as I jumped in a game, I'm like :whoo::feedme:.
Now I can play Cyberpunk 2077 the right way. :ohlawd:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't look back either curved 1440p 144hz is perfect in 2020

what's the benefits of curved screen, looking for a back up to my OLED, not worried about burn in, but the pixels degrade over time faster than a normal TV because they are organic so I do want to limit use, but I don't wanna get another TV rather get hi refresh monitor