The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
what's the benefits of curved screen, looking for a back up to my OLED, not worried about burn in, but the pixels degrade over time faster than a normal TV because they are organic so I do want to limit use, but I don't wanna get another TV rather get hi refresh monitor
Don’t get a curved TV. Curved monitor makes sense because ur sitting right in front of it and there’s an immersion factor.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Building two pcs for my son and nephew for Christmas. They both missed out on the ps5 (son can use mine but they play together on mostly all games) I don't think they will go back to console gaming after this. I decided to update mines as well.

Last edited:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
:hhh: you not gonna drop some builds?

Lol I gave them basic 1080p builds since they are 10 and 11. When they become more familiar with PC gaming we going to update.

2 AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
580 GPU AMD
16 GB memory 3000mhz
SSDs for storage and game
Color filled CPU case
Color keyboard and mouse typical shyt

My updated build is the I9 9900k had the old i7 4790K from what 3 or 4 years ago
Updated motherboard
Kept the same GPU 5700 XT
32 GB memory
NvMe drive for boot
SsD for games.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol I gave them basic 1080p builds since they are 10 and 11. When they become more familiar with PC gaming we going to update.

2 AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
580 GPU AMD
16 GB memory 3000mhz
SSDs for storage and game
Color filled CPU case
Color keyboard and mouse typical shyt

My updated build is the I9 9900k had the old i7 4790K from what 3 or 4 years ago
Updated motherboard
Kept the same GPU 5700 XT
32 GB memory
NvMe drive for boot
SsD for games.

Those are all solid :ehh: not gonna tell you what to do with yours but it would be dope af to take them through building/upgrading it if they show some interest. Plant those STEM seeds :mjgrin:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Those are all solid :ehh: not gonna tell you what to do with yours but it would be dope af to take them through building/upgrading it if they show some interest. Plant those STEM seeds :mjgrin:
That's crucial IMO. My grandfather built his own in the late 90s/early 00s and that's what got me into it.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Taking notes for a new build I'm considering in early 2021....:sas2:

bruce-almighty-type-gif-1427208448.gif

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's crucial IMO. My grandfather built his own in the late 90s/early 00s and that's what got me into it.

My pops just gave me his old one and told me to have at it (still greatly appreciated), no knowledge of anything but the software basics and how to pirate shyt and play games. I didn't get into the internals and building until I just dove in on my own first build. I'm definitely gonna take advantage if I can of showing the kids in my fam or mine down the line. Even if you don't get into it, that's some valuable knowledge, especially if you know how the components work/work together. If nothing else you can make some money building/troubleshooting on the side.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
My pops just gave me his old one and told me to have at it (still greatly appreciated), no knowledge of anything but the software basics and how to pirate shyt and play games. I didn't get into the internals and building until I just dove in on my own first build. I'm definitely gonna take advantage if I can of showing the kids in my fam or mine down the line. Even if you don't get into it, that's some valuable knowledge, especially if you know how the components work/work together. If nothing else you can make some money building/troubleshooting on the side.

You was blessed I never had the opportunity to own a gaming PC until I was grown. Its a great hobby and makes you feel good knowing you put something together.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You was blessed I never had the opportunity to own a gaming PC until I was grown. Its a great hobby and makes you feel good knowing you put something together.

I got it for HS work it was a productivity computer. Playing anything on it was a struggle but I made it do what it do. I couldn’t even tell you what was in it :pachaha: I was really mainly consoles back then

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Once i get a 5900x cpu, im selling my 3900x. So if ya'll interested let me know. Or else imma sell locally or on reddit.