The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
what's the benefits of curved screen, looking for a back up to my OLED, not worried about burn in, but the pixels degrade over time faster than a normal TV because they are organic so I do want to limit use, but I don't wanna get another TV rather get hi refresh monitor

Curved been easier on the eyes for me being able to easily see all corners of the screen and immersion wise it just feels right in first person games

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Have all the parts for my build...just trying to find the right monitor.

I have a nvidia rtx 2060 super.
Went ahead and copped my first curved monitor before it sold out again. Going from 1080p 144hz to 1440p 144hz HDR. That sweet spot.:wow:
Samsung Odyssey G5 27" LED Curved WQHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR (HDMI) Black LC27G55TQWNXZA - Best Buy

XLo9N8wr_o.jpeg
I won't lie, this shyt felt weird as hell at first:mjlol:, but as soon as I jumped in a game, I'm like :whoo::feedme:.
Now I can play Cyberpunk 2077 the right way. :ohlawd:
I couldn't look back either curved 1440p 144hz is perfect in 2020
What video card do you all have?
what's the benefits of curved screen, looking for a back up to my OLED, not worried about burn in, but the pixels degrade over time faster than a normal TV because they are organic so I do want to limit use, but I don't wanna get another TV rather get hi refresh monitor
What monitor you have right now?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how people play with HDR. shyt is an eye killer. I looks like someone just increased the brightness on a the screen to 100.

you have to calibrate it, HDR is the shyt, especially with hdmi 2.1 low input lag with HDR on, which was its only negative, any game that supports HDR its a must, if it looks fukked up, something is wrong with your screen or you need to calibrate it but a lot of monitors can't really do HDR and aren't HDR certified, so you really need an OLED TV or at least the LG nanocell

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Sadly mine doesn't
I have the g7 27.

Forget it, don't waste your time :unimpressed:
you have to calibrate it, HDR is the shyt, especially with hdmi 2.1 low input lag with HDR on, which was its only negative, any game that supports HDR its a must, if it looks fukked up, something is wrong with your screen or you need to calibrate it but a lot of monitors can't really do HDR and aren't HDR certified, so you really need an OLED TV or at least the LG nanocell
Figured it out. After calibrating it multiple times and changing settings, this monitor doesn't work well with Windows 10 HDR with DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI. It's way more crisp, sharper, and colors pop way more with HDMI than DisplayPort 1.2 with HDR off. As soon as I plugged it in with HDMI, I saw major difference, also did some research seeing people are saying this panel is not that bright at all so HDR overall not that great to begin with.:unimpressed:

Overall I'm just happy I figured it out, because I was sitting here playing Cyberpunk, and colors was sooooo bland, and I almost thought about returning it. Now, I can enjoy playing games with that great samsung color that pops with more resolution. Appreciate the info brehs, good looking out.:myman:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I have the LG ultrawide 1440p 144hz and hdr washes out the colors too much. It’s ok in game but I hate that I have to turn on windows hdr to get it to work in game.

I want my game in hdr but not my desktop.