The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
lol which one? there's like a 2382942 of them. I'm just trying to think of ways you could trouble shoot the issue. if you have an older i7 you probably have pins on the bottom of the chip (as opposed to newer ones where the pins are on the mobo). make sure they aren't bent out of place.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiit :patrice: I gotta start paying more attention. I feel like it’s an older one tho. Imma take it out and make sure it’s straight:lupe:

Bruh take the side panel of the case off. When you push the power button what is going down exactly? What fans are going? What lights do you see? Give the whole run down.

Whole sht pretty much deconstructed. It made like one quick click/beep and the only fan that spin is in the power supply (1000 watts) for like a half revolution if that then silence so that’s why I thought it might have been the PSU.

I tested it again and again taking out a new part each time. For a while I thought it might be the Motherboard but the lights were on so it was receiving wattage.

Before it conked. I was encountering performance issues and freezing. Thought nothing of it :snoop: but it came pretty much at the time I thought I had everything all set up.

I have 2, 21 inch monitors, one connected through hdmi and the other through and hdmi to dvi. Two wireless keyboards, one for typing and one smaller and more convenient, a receiver for controllers, maybe a thumb drive or two, and 2 seagate external hard drives(5TB/8TB)

Had all that sht in at once. Idk how that stack up to what anyone else got goin on. Everything was smoove until I added the second seagate drive. I figured anything with its own power source was not stressing the system beyond its normal load.:snoop:

Power supply works fine on the other rig.

RARI_Godwind

Daps
How old is your pc? Your motherboard dont have a debug led post code?

I had it for like a year and a half but it’s a little older than that.

And thanks for asking forgot bout that, but nah. That didn’t even show up. There was no code. :dwillhuh:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiit :patrice: I gotta start paying more attention. I feel like it’s an older one tho. Imma take it out and make sure it’s straight:lupe:

Whole sht pretty much deconstructed. It made like one quick click/beep and the only fan that spin is in the power supply (1000 watts) for like a half revolution if that then silence so that’s why I thought it might have been the PSU.

I tested it again and again taking out a new part each time. For a while I thought it might be the Motherboard but the lights were on so it was receiving wattage.

Before it conked. I was encountering performance issues and freezing. Thought nothing of it :snoop: but it came pretty much at the time I thought I had everything all set up.

I have 2, 21 inch monitors, one connected through hdmi and the other through and hdmi to dvi. Two wireless keyboards, one for typing and one smaller and more convenient, a receiver for controllers, maybe a thumb drive or two, and 2 seagate external hard drives(5TB/8TB)

Had all that sht in at once. Idk how that stack up to what anyone else got goin on. Everything was smoove until I added the second seagate drive. I figured anything with its own power source was not stressing the system beyond its normal load.:snoop:

Power supply works fine on the other rig.

I wouldn't rule out the Mobo TBH. It's tough to say. It seems like it's either the Mobo or the CPU. I've had more Mobos failed on me than processors so I might be a bit biased. Easiest way to diagnose it is to put that processor in another board. What's your board btw?

RARI_Godwind

Daps
I wouldn't rule out the Mobo TBH. It's tough to say. It seems like it's either the Mobo or the CPU. I've had more Mobos failed on me than processors so I might be a bit biased. Easiest way to diagnose it is to put that processor in another board. What's your board btw?

Rampage IV Formula.

I think it’s straight but breh before made me remember it’s not showing post codes :patrice: is it possible there’s more than one problem and that sht just said fuggit?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I decided to just buy a 1660TI(after returning my temporary 5700XT) and use EVGA Step up to upgrade to the 3080. I'm in no rush as I will be busy playing PS5. :ohlawd:

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Just got my Xbox Series X controller using it for the PC :banderas:

Way better than the 360 controller I've been using.

I still aint cop any of the new GPU's, I picked up a GTX 970 to replace my 770 until the market stabilize....unless a 6800xt appears.