The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
ay yo this Ryzen 5950X looks legit :ohhh: they are calling it the perfect CPU. :picard:

might be the first time buying AMD.

also...still cant get the 3080. my laptop is screaming like a banshee trying to play red redemption 2 on ultra settings. this thing is hitting 90C :francis: im scared to even mod this bytch.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
May have to put my build on hold because of an unexpected expense :snoop:. Savings already been going backwards because of it, so the smart thing is to delay.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
been playing Teardown. it's a fully destructible voxel game with ray tracing (non RTX). it looks great, and the gameplay is very fun. you're sent on missions to steal shyt, but most missions have a timer that starts when you take something. so you have to plan ahead, and make sure you create a path so you can quickly get everything you need

it's usually not too bad figuring out how to complete the primary objectives, but the real challenge is figuring out how to also complete all the optional objectives. it takes some creative thinking, and it usually feels like you're breaking the game. and it definitely feels good when you pull off some shyt that seemed impossible at first

all the destruction, and ray tracing, means the game is hard on your GPU. and you definitely see some dips when large scale destruction happens. but it's the kind of thing your brain pretty much expects when so much shyt is going down

it is Early Access, but check it out that doesn't bother you

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Any game recommendations to show off the 3080 I’ve mostly been playing Mario galaxy 2 in dolphin emulator cause I got no games besides gamepass
any of the RTX games: BFV, Metro Exodus, Control, COD:MW, Minecraft RTX, Watchdogs: Legions, etc

Quake 2 RTX has a free demo, and is pretty cool

RDR2 doesn't use RTX, but it's still one of the best looking games on PC

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Wtf man. Just cracked my 1440p monitor. I dont even know how it happened. I didn't bump into it or anything. I literally picked it up to change the hdmi to another slot and when i place it back down i see a huge inside crack on it.

No warranty either. My whole day is fukked. Luckily i still have my old 1080p monitor but i literally just bought this maybe 2 months ago. 250$ wasted man.

Gonna be playing cyberpunk in 1080p :scust:

Edit-

Loaded up warzone back on my old monitor and i immediately noticed the difference. This shyt sucks man :scust:

Yo Shoutout to AOC man. They have a one time "Accident" warranty for their monitors. Didn't even know this was a thing until i looked up some shyt on reddit. They giving me a whole new monitor free of charge for something that while was a accident it was 100% my fault. They got future business from me!!!

AOC Gaming's Re-Spawned Warranty | AOC Monitors

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Guess who got himself an Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 Founder's Edition?
Me motherfukker!!!! :wow::mjgrin::blessed::smugfavre::jawalrus::gladbron::whoo::obama::whew::ohlawd::myman::youngsabo::salute::ahh::leon::damn::win::steviej::smugbiden::banderas:
20201110-153839.jpg

XGfgTj1.gif

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
RIP Intel

brehs the price of the 5900 is dirt cheap and stomping the fukk outta the I9....yep. im going AMD.

I am too for sure. Does anyone know of any good PCI 4 AMD Mobo's that don't cost an arm and a leg? my boy linked me a $1200 MOBO like I'm fukking rich or something.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I just got the email it shipped! Got my tracking. Should be here friday. How the fukk is it gonna be here before my ps5 i preordered 2 months ago? :aicmon:

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I am too for sure. Does anyone know of any good PCI 4 AMD Mobo's that don't cost an arm and a leg? my boy linked me a $1200 MOBO like I'm fukking rich or something.
I have the Asus Crosshair VIII x570. Had it for well over 6 months now. Has been really great for me. I have a stable 4.4Ghz oc on my 3900x cpu. The only drawback is the motherboard is not a fan of manual ram timings so its been a pain in the ass trying to fine tune for tighter times and lower latency.

Imo Asrock makes the best bang for buck motherboards. Its just their uefi/bios is outdated. Gigabyte makes quality shyt and provides top notch components. Not a fan of their bios either and their utility software is too complex for simple tasks. Asus bios is my favorite but they usually rest on their laurels by trying to make shyt look cool but not using top components for the price their asking for. Their rma/customer support is ass too. I dont fukk with msi. Never have and never will. Their shyt seems mad corny and i hate their designs.