The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
NZXT prebuilts now have evga 3080 available but now 5900x is sold out :mjlol:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Damn they had a drop? I fukkin gave up on trying to grab one this year. Lol. Plus I’m hearing that the 3080 TI is dropping in January 2021.
Rumors been all over the place, first they were going to drop the 20gb variant in Dec. Then it was cancelled, now a ti dropping in Jan :dahell:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Rumors been all over the place, first they were going to drop the 20gb variant in Dec. Then it was cancelled, now a ti dropping in Jan :dahell:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti to launch in January 2021 - VideoCardz.com

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 20 GB Graphics Card Launching in January 2021, Will Tackle AMD's RX 6900 XT

Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti GPU could arrive in January to disrupt AMD’s Big Navi sales | TechRadar

So I prolly would be better off just waiting. I have a 2080TI so that should more than hold me over.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Brehdas!
I am lost beyond the extent of my wit :wow: I ain’t too in depth with the knowledge of building pc’s from the ground up as I was hooked up with mine and I had an incident where my rig went down a while back. I think I had too many peripherals plugged in at once and something shorted? :dahell: My PC was freezing a a few times before an unsolvable crash inevitably happened :damn: Sht ain’t turn on no more after that :mjcry:

I ferociously studied the computer thereafter; the makings, comings and goings, from the ground up.

I ran tests on my
power supply,
motherboard,
cables,
ssd,
CMOS battery
Ram Sticks
GPU

Leaving only,
to the best of my knowledge:mjgrin:,

the CPU as the culprit for the failure.

I haven’t taken it out and Idek how to test it to see if it works beyond the whole thing running successfully.

Y’all brehs have insight of:
How this happened?
If the CPU cooked?
How would I test my CPU to know it’s working?

I already know imma have to redo the BIOs settings in what not which I’m not looking forward to:snoop: might need help on that too but plenty of vids on just that.

Am I going to have to restore Windows 10 too? I got system backups and I ain’t tryna cop again:whoa:

I already had two other consoles that ran on Windows 7 have the OS DISAPPEAR :damn::mindblown:

Couldn’t find anything on why that could be either

I’m clearly a mess here when it come to this pc sht brehs:mjcry: aint been gaming n sht and it’s fukkd up my workflow

I just want my sht back man:mjcry:

Daps+Reps, Coli Cash, High Five, Sig Bet, Ban Bet, Man whatever it take to get me back on track fam.

:salute: Thank you for being.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Brehdas!
I am lost beyond the extent of my wit :wow: I ain’t too in depth with the knowledge of building pc’s from the ground up as I was hooked up with mine and I had an incident where my rig went down a while back. I think I had too many peripherals plugged in at once and something shorted? :dahell: My PC was freezing a a few times before an unsolvable crash inevitably happened :damn: Sht ain’t turn on no more after that :mjcry:

I ferociously studied the computer thereafter; the makings, comings and goings, from the ground up.

I ran tests on my
power supply,
motherboard,
cables,
ssd,
CMOS battery
Ram Sticks
GPU

Leaving only,
to the best of my knowledge:mjgrin:,

the CPU as the culprit for the failure.

I haven’t taken it out and Idek how to test it to see if it works beyond the whole thing running successfully.

Y’all brehs have insight of:
How this happened?
If the CPU cooked?
How would I test my CPU to know it’s working?

I already know imma have to redo the BIOs settings in what not which I’m not looking forward to:snoop: might need help on that too but plenty of vids on just that.

Am I going to have to restore Windows 10 too? I got system backups and I ain’t tryna cop again:whoa:

I already had two other consoles that ran on Windows 7 have the OS DISAPPEAR :damn::mindblown:

Couldn’t find anything on why that could be either

I’m clearly a mess here when it come to this pc sht brehs:mjcry: aint been gaming n sht and it’s fukkd up my workflow

I just want my sht back man:mjcry:

Daps+Reps, Coli Cash, High Five, Sig Bet, Ban Bet, Man whatever it take to get me back on track fam.

:salute: Thank you for being.

Do you have another rig you can test the cpu you on, or another cpu you can test out on the mobo to see if that's the culprit?
Is the power not coming on AT ALL, or are you powering on to a black screen and no BIOS option or OS boot? If no power at all, I would assume it's the PSU, if black screen I would assume the cpu. If the cpu is toast, you said you got it offhand right? Maybe the person who gave it to you overclocked it too high and toasted it? I dunno.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Do you have another rig you can test the cpu you on, or another cpu you can test out on the mobo to see if that's the culprit?
Is the power not coming on AT ALL, or are you powering on to a black screen and no BIOS option or OS boot? If no power at all, I would assume it's the PSU, if black screen I would assume the cpu. If the cpu is toast, you said you got it offhand right? Maybe the person who gave it to you overclocked it too high and toasted it? I dunno.

Thanks a lot breh, you givin me faith:blessed:

I do happen to have another rig! It’s a little bit older but I could check the compatibility.

I know for a fact the power supply is operational. I’m just scared to touch the cpu and f it up. It might already be time to upgrade but there’s much more I could get out of it till it’s truly obsolete. :patrice:When it is, or if it’s toast, then I got to get a new one and start the whole thing all over again from scratch :sadcam:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh take the side panel of the case off. When you push the power button what is going down exactly? What fans are going? What lights do you see? Give the whole run down.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Thanks a lot breh, you givin me faith:blessed:

I do happen to have another rig! It’s a little bit older but I could check the compatibility.

I know for a fact the power supply is operational. I’m just scared to touch the cpu and f it up. It might already be time to upgrade but there’s much more I could get out of it till it’s truly obsolete. :patrice:When it is, or if it’s toast, then I got to get a new one and start the whole thing all over again from scratch :sadcam:
How old is your pc? Your motherboard dont have a debug led post code?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Got me. Dualsense controller for PC gamepad.

It's way better than that fragile POS DS4.

Also got me 9 set of Lain Li Uni Fans. Just need Power supply, CPU, GPU, and storage for my 2nd PC.