The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
You can always buy the parts and take them somewhere to get it built. Microcenter builds them or there might be some local that can door.

I have built my own PCs before, three times, but that's probably what I'm going to do with my next one.

Also, you can get it pre-built before it's sent to you.
The hard part for me is the getting started part. I didn’t know there were so many options for PC parts.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Narrow it down.

What do you plan on doing with a built pc?

Twitch streaming 4K gaming?

CGI or 3D modeling?

Video Editing?

Your goal will outline your build and potential budget.
I just want to play Baldur gate 3 on normal/high settings, with the potential to later upgrade:francis:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I’m just gonna stick with my 2080ti until next year prolly. This card hunting shyt is a dub. When there’s more stock I will grab the one I really want instead of trying to grab whatever pops up.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
The issue I have is I sold my GPU in anticipation for the RTX 3080 thinking I'd get it no problem on launch. Now I just have a 2070 Super which is not what I wanted but I bought to have in the meantime. I gotta return by next week so I don't go past the 30 day return period. Idk I'll see what I'll do.
Bro. What brand did u get? Why don’t u just get an EVGA and use the step up program?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I was in the same boat, I just brought from a scalper near for a couple hundred tax, I think they coming down the Earth, all the mutahfucakz willing to buy 1000 dollars more and near already copped, so now all the late people who just got their shipments are stuck with the cards are lowered the price

The one back order was like 1000 after taxes and next day shipping, so I was like fukk it a brought one from a scalper for 1000, I was gonna get another GPU and wait till december, but I will be spending more money and time, because I gotta buy GPUs and then wait to sell the place holder GPU to recoup that cost which will still be a lost, because nobody buying it for the MSRP used, so I just got the shyt out the way, the 30 series gonna be hard to get for at least a year, even when they were restock the demand is high they will be sold out even without scalpers, so the 3080 gonna hold its value for a long time, unless AMD come through and crush the buildings
Son u copped from a scalper now ur warranty is fukked if u get a brick. There will be more cards fam as soon as the hype dies down. Especially with the 3060ti, the 3070, and these AMD cards dropping. People will have more to pick from and alotta people gonna settle for that 3070. Watch.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Son u copped from a scalper now ur warranty is fukked if u get a brick. There will be more cards fam as soon as the hype dies down. Especially with the 3060ti, the 3070, and these AMD cards dropping. People will have more to pick from and alotta people gonna settle for that 3070. Watch.

How is the warranty fukked its based on the serial number, the box never been open I got the instructions on how to activate the warranty online inside the box, you have to register it on the website it comes with 3 year warranty automatical and you get an option to extend that's why I went with gigabyte because you only need the serial number you don't have to have a receipt of where you brought it but I got the invoice anyway because I asked for it before I decided to buy it
And I got Watch Dogs Legion FREE, so I really did better than ordering the shyt of CDW
and a membership to Geforce now Free lmao
The hype not dying down any time soon, you can wait, an extra couple dollars ain't shyt to me I'll let nikkaz eat to save me time, I was gonna stay up on friday for when that white gigabyte drop at bestbuy, but you still have to be lucky to get that, I ain't got time for all tha shyt I already wasted a week hawking sites for this shyt I said fukk

3070 can be sold out just as fast, its gonna be in even more demand than the 3080

The 2080ti was sold out for a long ass time when it first dropped, it was only 999, while the 1080ti was going for 899, two hundred more than it's launch price, people forget, that shyt stayed at 1200 after the drought ended and people think that's what it always cost

Unless AMD can do some drastic, its gonna be the same thing with the 3080, by spring time when they are readily available, the price is gonna be two hundred than the launch price for all the AIBS and the foundations will be impossible to find

If you want to fight everybody like Sinbad and Arnold in that christmas movie to get this card to save a couple hundred dollars, good luck my nikka I'm good on that shyt

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it took me a minute to get my hands on the 980ti and 2070 Super, and those were both mid-gen releases. 3000 series should be easier to get soon, especially after the 3070 and AMD drops

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I just checked and it's EVGA. Step up program allows for open-box items as well?
probably not. among other things, it says you have to be the "original owner". an open-box item was probably a return. plus you don't know when it was initially purchased (step-up is only good for 90 days)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
How is the warranty fukked its based on the serial number, the box never been open I got the instructions on how to activate the warranty online inside the box, you have to register it on the website it comes with 3 year warranty automatical and you get an option to extend that's why I went with gigabyte because you only need the serial number you don't have to have a receipt of where you brought it but I got the invoice anyway because I asked for it before I decided to buy it
And I got Watch Dogs Legion FREE, so I really did better than ordering the shyt of CDW
and a membership to Geforce now Free lmao
The hype not dying down any time soon, you can wait, an extra couple dollars ain't shyt to me I'll let nikkaz eat to save me time, I was gonna stay up on friday for when that white gigabyte drop at bestbuy, but you still have to be lucky to get that, I ain't got time for all tha shyt I already wasted a week hawking sites for this shyt I said fukk

3070 can be sold out just as fast, its gonna be in even more demand than the 3080

The 2080ti was sold out for a long ass time when it first dropped, it was only 999, while the 1080ti was going for 899, two hundred more than it's launch price, people forget, that shyt stayed at 1200 after the drought ended and people think that's what it always cost

Unless AMD can do some drastic, its gonna be the same thing with the 3080, by spring time when they are readily available, the price is gonna be two hundred than the launch price for all the AIBS and the foundations will be impossible to find

If you want to fight everybody like Sinbad and Arnold in that christmas movie to get this card to save a couple hundred dollars, good luck my nikka I'm good on that shyt
ALL I know is most of the time they ask for some sort of receipt or proof of purchase when u call in for an issue. That has happened to me before. Why don’t u check out the manufacturers fine print on this issue? A lot of them CLEARLY say that items bought off of eBay are not covered. I’m happy u got ur card fam. Hope everything works out I’m just warning u.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
probably not. among other things, it says you have to be the "original owner". an open-box item was probably a return. plus you don't know when it was initially purchased (step-up is only good for 90 days)
This is true too. @Fatboi1 the best bet for u would be to check it out and see. If not. Return it for a new EVGA Card. Join the step up program and wait for ur 3080.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ALL I know is most of the time they ask for some sort of receipt or proof of purchase when u call in for an issue. That has happened to me before. Why don’t u check out the manufacturers fine print on this issue? A lot of them CLEARLY say that items bought off of eBay are not covered. I’m happy u got ur card fam. Hope everything works out I’m just warning u.

Because if they don't have the receipt they time doesn't start at the purchase but the manufactured date, and if that's expired, you need the receipt to prove when you brought to see if they will still cover it