The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
it really is like legos. once you know what's compatible you just plug and play :smile:

I always use this analogy when talking to people who are scared to build computers. It's literally playing with legos. Expensive ass Legos that are sensitive to static electricity, but still legos nonetheless.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I always use this analogy when talking to people who are scared to build computers. It's literally playing with legos. Expensive ass Legos that are sensitive to static electricity, but still legos nonetheless.
its intimidating but after your first go around it is easy. I don't judge newbies n call em names like a lot of these virgins, everybody has a beginning. we should all help ease people in to let them know this is easy :smile:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it's gonna be a "wrap" for Nvidia. AMD gotta release something pretty impressive to compete with Nvidia, let alone get ahead of them

That’s a fact. AMD need to worry about the thermals on they shyt as well. They shyt always ran hotter than Intel/Nvidia.

AMD’s biggest hurdle is gonna be software. They’ve competed with NV before head to head and come out on top performance-wise , the problem is their drivers tend to be shyt, and with all the extra offerings NV has now (DLSS, Reflex, etc), AMD is gonna have to compete with the hardware performance, price, and software support all in one. I’m here to see it but my hopes aren’t high for all 3

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AMD’s biggest hurdle is gonna be software. They’ve competed with NV before head to head and come out on top performance-wise , the problem is their drivers tend to be shyt, and with all the extra offerings NV has now (DLSS, Reflex, etc), AMD is gonna have to compete with the hardware performance, price, and software support all in one. I’m here to see it but my hopes aren’t high for all 3
With the shyt show of the 3080 launch, my enthusiasm for a new card waned and now I feel like just saying fukk it and wait to see what AMD drops. I really wanted a 3080 by the time Cyberpunk drops but if it doesn't come out in time I might just get it on PS4/5 and call it a day.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never purchased an AMD card and not end up with blue screen driver fukkery. I'll never fucck with them. Even though their CPU's are making moves I still won't fucck with them.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With the shyt show of the 3080 launch, my enthusiasm for a new card waned and now I feel like just saying fukk it and wait to see what AMD drops. I really wanted a 3080 by the time Cyberpunk drops but if it doesn't come out in time I might just get it on PS4/5 and call it a day.

I was already resigned to waiting until AMD, but between the PS5, and finally seeing big screen 1440p with Gsync on the CX, I think I'm better off waiting until I play a game myself that is lagging behind :patrice: I didn't think I would love native 1440 on 55" like I do, combined with amazing refresh rate. I'm sure having those frames at 4k will be even better, but idk how much I'll be playing on PC anyway to close out the yr.

I think I'm just gonna go strictly PS5 for the launch window into next yr for new games, and knock out some of my backlog for PC the meantime. I just started Yakuza 0, and I'm already knowing I'm at least gonna be on Kiwami 1 and 2 before I gotta get back on Sony for the rest. Plus I'm already preoccupied with this coding shyt a little bit anyway so I gotta take a break from just playing whatever I feel like and finish some shyt :pachaha:

If Cyberpunk is really like that, we should have no issue buying it twice like Red Dead :ld:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never purchased an AMD card and not end up with blue screen driver fukkery. I'll never fucck with them. Even though their CPU's are making moves I still won't fucck with them.

I'm lucky because my first ever build was with a 290, and a HUGE reason I gained a love for the hobby/industry was because I didn't have a terrible experience with crashing and shyt that AMD drivers are normally known for :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was already resigned to waiting until AMD, but between the PS5, and finally seeing big screen 1440p with Gsync on the CX, I think I'm better off waiting until I play a game myself that is lagging behind :patrice: I didn't think I would love native 1440 on 55" like I do, combined with amazing refresh rate. I'm sure having those frames at 4k will be even better, but idk how much I'll be playing on PC anyway to close out the yr.

I think I'm just gonna go strictly PS5 for the launch window into next yr for new games, and knock out some of my backlog for PC the meantime. I just started Yakuza 0, and I'm already knowing I'm at least gonna be on Kiwami 1 and 2 before I gotta get back on Sony for the rest. Plus I'm already preoccupied with this coding shyt a little bit anyway so I gotta take a break from just playing whatever I feel like and finish some shyt :pachaha:

If Cyberpunk is really like that, we should have no issue buying it twice like Red Dead :ld:
The issue I have is I sold my GPU in anticipation for the RTX 3080 thinking I'd get it no problem on launch. Now I just have a 2070 Super which is not what I wanted but I bought to have in the meantime. I gotta return by next week so I don't go past the 30 day return period. Idk I'll see what I'll do.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Thinking about building a PC. I have no idea what I’m doing :mjcry:
You can always buy the parts and take them somewhere to get it built. Microcenter builds them or there might be some local that can door.

I have built my own PCs before, three times, but that's probably what I'm going to do with my next one.

Also, you can get it pre-built before it's sent to you.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue I have is I sold my GPU in anticipation for the RTX 3080 thinking I'd get it no problem on launch. Now I just have a 2070 Super which is not what I wanted but I bought to have in the meantime. I gotta return by next week so I don't go past the 30 day return period. Idk I'll see what I'll do.

I was in the same boat, I just brought from a scalper near for a couple hundred tax, I think they coming down the Earth, all the mutahfucakz willing to buy 1000 dollars more and near already copped, so now all the late people who just got their shipments are stuck with the cards are lowered the price

The one back order was like 1000 after taxes and next day shipping, so I was like fukk it a brought one from a scalper for 1000, I was gonna get another GPU and wait till december, but I will be spending more money and time, because I gotta buy GPUs and then wait to sell the place holder GPU to recoup that cost which will still be a lost, because nobody buying it for the MSRP used, so I just got the shyt out the way, the 30 series gonna be hard to get for at least a year, even when they were restock the demand is high they will be sold out even without scalpers, so the 3080 gonna hold its value for a long time, unless AMD come through and crush the buildings