The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats why I just said fukk it and brought from scalper, I ain't got time to buy GPU just to replace it with another, wait forever, graphics cards will always be low in stock, until nobody else wants them

If you got the bread :yeshrug: try get the seller to send you proof of purchase if you can, so you can register it yourself

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you got the bread :yeshrug: try get the seller to send you proof of purchase if you can, so you can register it yourself

I did, we meet in person, you only have to register the card to get 4 years warranty from the purchase date, the manufacture warranty is 3 years from the manufacture date not the purchase, since the cards are new, I got plenty of time

plus they gonna give you a new GPU if its dead on arrival, anything else they gonna say its your fault

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ever since I updated my PC to 2004, I've had nothing but issues with crashes and random freezing. Downgrading my OS back to 1909. Hopefully it fixes it :francis:

Last edited:

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
AMD, they throwing you a layup :damn:

If they have plenty of stock then,
tenor.gif

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Installing my 3080 just reconfirmed what I've been thinking the last few months: I want/need a new case. Something with great airflow, and something that can support 3-4 HDDs as well as 3-4 SSDs.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Hopefully AMD delivers with new CPUs, I think they're too far behind with GPUs to catch up in a single generation.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hopefully AMD delivers with new CPUs, I think they're too far behind with GPUs to catch up in a single generation.

When it comes to CPUs, all they need to figure out is how to fix the memory latency because IPC wise, they have matched or surpassed Intel in certain workloads.

They aren't actually far behind in the GPU space, they had just abandoned the high end GPU segment.

We'll see what they have because Lisa Su said second gen Navi will have a full product stack.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
When it comes to CPUs, all they need to figure out is how to fix the memory latency because IPC wise, they have matched or surpassed Intel in certain workloads.

They aren't actually far behind in the GPU space, they had just abandoned the high end GPU segment.

We'll see what they have because Lisa Su said second gen Navi will have a full product stack.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for, AMD to take that final step and overtake Intel in gaming performance as well.

But for the GPU even if they get all their drivers in order and put out competitive cards they'll still be way behind Nvidia in DLSS and ray tracing.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
By the way, for my brehs who are on Discord and trying to grab one of these GPUs (like now), join this server

Join the ATR/Tech In-Stock Tracking Discord Server!

They're good about finding straight to checkout links (to avoid captcha) and they're tracking a ton of websites. You'll get notified whenever one goes into stock.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
EVGA setup a queue for ordering. you sign up for auto-notify, and when they send you the email that the card is available, you have 8hrs to buy it

New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process
Went ahead and got in the queue. fukk it. We'll see what it looks like when they have one. Even though I don't game on my PC seriously, if there's no profit, and Trump stops fukking up the stock market, I might just keep it. Really wanted to get 1 or 2 dirt cheap 2080TIs, but oh well. :manny:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I got a bigger gold modular PSU just sitting in a box for 2 wks :mjlol: Thought I was opening the case to reapply my thermal paste, toss the 3080 in, and re-wire everything now that I'm not semi-modular. I got no motivation to do any of it rn :mjcry: