The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Not to drag the conversation back to now outdated graphics cards, but my 2070 Super runs in the high 70s when playing Modern Warfare/Warzone...

Is a custom fan curve in order?

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Not to drag the conversation back to now outdated graphics cards, but my 2070 Super runs in the high 70s when playing Modern Warfare/Warzone...

I remember reading that some of the cards run warm like the Asus Dual and MSI Ventus cards, I don't know what brand you have though. Make sure the case isn't dusty and there aren't any cables blocking airflow from the fans, but the other thing would be to run it with the panel off to see if the temps change dramatically.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
I remember reading that some of the cards run warm like the Asus Dual and MSI Ventus cards, I don't know what brand you have though. Make sure the case isn't dusty and there aren't any cables blocking airflow from the fans, but the other thing would be to run it with the panel off to see if the temps change dramatically.
EVGA Black

edit: I just used EVGA Precision X1 and set a custom fan curve that has it hovering around 72 degrees now.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I always use a custom fan curve, because the default curve lets the GPU get too hot, so it can stay quiet. with Nvidia cards you're not getting your full 'boost' clock-rate when the card runs hot. but a more aggressive fan curve does make the card a lot louder

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always use a custom fan curve, because the default curve lets the GPU get too hot, so it can stay quiet. with Nvidia cards you're not getting your full 'boost' clock-rate when the card runs hot. but a more aggressive fan curve does make the card a lot louder
Me gaming while my fan curve is at 100

tenor.gif

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a build for $800 to $1200 straight gaming maybe some streaming n Netflix not sure tbh on the streaming cus i know I’m not getting rich off it. I got a micro center 30 mins away so if they got deals let me know cus i love to save money open boxes and all

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Daps
Reppin
Chatterbox FM
Haven't perused through this entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked and answered already but:

What do you all think should be the minimum amount of acceptable nits on a screen for a new laptop?

Currently in market.