The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I thought it took years for burn in

Under normal usage. But cable news channels like CNN,etc. leave banners on screen in the same position for hour after hour. If you check the "rtings" tests at the link above you can see that that's BY FAR the worst thing you can do to burn in your TV. The screenshots of the TV's that were running regular TV, constant football, and constant "Call of Duty" games don't show any burn in at all after the equivalent of years of tests. The screenshot of the TV running the FIFA games shows some burn in from the scoreboard and other on screen UI stuff, but its just in the corners of the screen. But the screenshot of the TV running CNN shows massive noticible burn in.

real-burn-in-week-102-tv-2-red-small.jpg

The test from this link were from a C7, so I'm hoping my C9 and the newer CX has improved since then. (My coworker is ALSO running a C7). But I'm going to be careful of leaving my TV on cable news channels too long.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I decided I'm waiting on the AIBs for what they reveal tomorrow, and once that's known, I'm gonna cop the smallest jump up from the 2080ti. I fell behind on the leaks, but I know my endgame is gonna be the next ti. I'm also curious to get that HDMI 2.1 ASAP, since I'm copping the CX already so if the non-reference 3080 or 3090 are appealing I'll cop and then sell when the ti releases.

Those Founders Editions do hold their value better tho don't they? :patrice:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I've been using the CX 48 for the past two months mainly as a PC monitor. The input lag is surprisingly low, all four HDMI ports support 4K 120hz, and of course the picture quality is super crispy.
How is it has a monitor? How far are you from it?

I have two different setups with 43, both used in a 3ft and 5ft distances

only if lg would release a 43-48 with pbp/pip and 4k oled 120hz

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I think I decided I'm waiting on the AIBs for what they reveal tomorrow, and once that's known, I'm gonna cop the smallest jump up from the 2080ti. I fell behind on the leaks, but I know my endgame is gonna be the next ti. I'm also curious to get that HDMI 2.1 ASAP, since I'm copping the CX already so if the non-reference 3080 or 3090 are appealing I'll cop and then sell when the ti releases.

Those Founders Editions do hold their value better tho don't they? :patrice:
AIBs?

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
How is it has a monitor? How far are you from it?

I have two different setups with 43, both used in a 3ft and 5ft distances

only if lg would release a 43-48 with pbp/pip and 4k oled 120hz
I usually sit 2-3ft from the TV when doing basic things like web browsing and typing documents.

One thing you may not like is how often the ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter) kicks in when you have your OLED light, brightness and contrast turned up high. There's no way to fully turn off ABL, so you can only try to control it via your brightness settings.

Also, text clarity and colors are very clear if you have you computer in Chroma 4:4:4 through the nvidia control center.

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is tomorrow special day for them?

Oh they probably aren’t giving any info tomorrow that’s usually a little bit later of a release. The 3rd Parties typically have better cooling and a higher base clock than the Founders Edition.

I never buy FEs, but I’m assuming if I buy a 3080 or 3090 it’s just a stopgap for the ti, so I might go ahead for the right price, depending on benchmarks and reviews

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh they probably aren’t giving any info tomorrow that’s usually a little bit later of a release. The 3rd Parties typically have better cooling and a higher base clock than the Founders Edition.

I never buy FEs, but I’m assuming if I buy a 3080 or 3090 it’s just a stopgap for the ti, so I might go ahead for the right price, depending on benchmarks and reviews
Pretty sure the ti is gonna fall in between the 3080 and 3090 since the 3080 has 10 gigs of ram and the 3090 has 24 gigs :wow: 3090 is looking to be around $2000 because of all that ram. @Ciggavelli we buyin two 3090's tomorrow?

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Question fellas

I know this is all guess work right now but if this specs on that 3090 are legit, what do yall think would be a good current ryzen cpu to pair with it?

3800x? Or would i be better off just jumping to 3900?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty sure the ti is gonna fall in between the 3080 and 3090 since the 3080 has 10 gigs of ram and the 3090 has 24 gigs :wow: 3090 is looking to be around $2000 because of all that ram. @Ciggavelli we buyin two 3090's tomorrow?

I forgot all about what the 3090 actually was. That’s the last leak I was up on :bryan: yea 3080 or bust

Edit: maybe :lupe:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Dropping this in here incase anyone has had this issue, I have my HDMI out on my GPU ran into my Onkyo AVR. Whenever it gets an audio signal the sound would be muted for a second or 2, this was especially noticeable when playing an album between tracks, track 1 would end, track 2 would start but no audio for a second. Maybe not the biggest deal, but enough of an annoyance that there have been numerous threads on the Nvidia forums looking for a fix. Some posted registry changes and restarts, couldn't get any of that to work. Found a program called SoundKeeper: Prevents SPDIF/HDMI digital playback devices from falling asleep. I installed it and tried it, and it works. Loaded up a playlist of tracks, no audio delay at the start of tracks.

SPDIF/HDMI Sound Keeper v1.1.0 [2020/07/18] — VEG's Blog

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NV just crushed the buildings :wow: for the 3080 price I might fukk around and keep my 2080ti and start another build

• Dap
Reactions: MMA