The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
@PoorAndDangerous I went to a Herman Miller dealer yesterday and tried out their Embody seats for a solid 30 minutes. Pulled the trigger on purchasing the Logitech chair online because the overall look is dope and 12 year warranty sold me.

Now I gotta sit through this 4-week shipping wait:whew:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
@PoorAndDangerous I went to a Herman Miller dealer yesterday and tried out their Embody seats for a solid 30 minutes. Pulled the trigger on purchasing the Logitech chair online because the overall look is dope and 12 year warranty sold me.

Now I gotta sit through this 4-week shipping wait:whew:
Bruh it’s life changing lol you’ll be glad you splurged on it once you’re using it every day. So far most of my friends have just made fun of me for spending so much money on a chair. I haven’t had any of them try it yet to change their tune. It’s difficult to describe how it feels and why it’s so much better. Another advantage of the Logitech joint is that it’s preassembled.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Nvidia will release the 3080 and 3090 together and then release the 3080ti when big Navi comes out.

when do you guys expect big Navi to release?

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Since everyone is upgrading, anybody got a complete build they want to sell?

I'm waiting for new Ryzen processors but family needs computer for school/office work :francis:

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Decided to buy a new mobo and covert my PC from water cooling to air cooling. I never knew how much of a pain in the ass water cooling brackets around the CPU was. :mjcry:
The new mobo is clean af and now my PC runs a lot more cooler.:blessed:
Gonna add another fan to the other side of the cpu cooler and back to gaming at low temps.:ahh:
vrPmHdeM_o.jpeg
w393M3nG_o.jpeg
njxyENl7_o.jpg
tUIBL1tw_o.jpeg
8UGIi44C_o.jpeg
0YGX5dKT_o.jpeg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nvidia will release the 3080 and 3090 together and then release the 3080ti when big Navi comes out.

when do you guys expect big Navi to release?
Haven’t the ti versions been like close to a year after the x80 versions (obviously not this gen, but before that).

I think they’ll try to have people buy the 3080 and then like 10 months later buy the 3080ti. If the new 3090 is Titan grade, the hardcore will buy that instead of waiting until next year to cop a 3080ti with similar performance at like a 30-40% decrease in price

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Haven’t the ti versions been like close to a year after the x80 versions (obviously not this gen, but before that).

I think they’ll try to have people buy the 3080 and then like 10 months later buy the 3080ti. If the new 3090 is Titan grade, the hardcore will buy that instead of waiting until next year to cop a 3080ti with similar performance at like a 30-40% decrease in price

This sounds like my kinda release :blessed: you back gaming breh?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This sounds like my kinda release :blessed: you back gaming breh?
Not yet, but the plan is to start again with CyberPunk 2077. I absolutely loved the witcher 3, so I’m expecting Cyberpunk to be amazing.

I’ll then upgrade the rest of my components too, because my shyt is all custom hard tubing, and it’s a bytch to take apart and put back together again. So, I’m gonna try to do it all at once. I’m probably gonna get an AMD cpu for the first time ever too

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not yet, but the plan is to start again with CyberPunk 2077. I absolutely loved the witcher 3, so I’m expecting Cyberpunk to be amazing.

I’ll then upgrade the rest of my components too, because my shyt is all custom hard tubing, and it’s a bytch to take apart and put back together again. So, I’m gonna try to do it all at once. I’m probably gonna get an AMD cpu for the first time ever too

cd7.gif

I know it’s silent tho.

I think I’m on the same shyt finally planning on trying out Ryzen once the ti releases, so new MOBO, probably bigger PSU, and I can’t install a new MOBO without adding more storage, probably gonna need a bigger case. I’m also definitely gonna need to upgrade gsync to 4k....

Take your time NV :mjlol:

MMA

Superstar
Daps

I assumed that’s why they are launching so early. They’d launch the ti a few months later when amd drops.

this will be fun to watch, I expect nvidia to hold the performance crown. Maybe we will get 8k gaming

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I assumed that’s why they are launching so early. They’d launch the ti a few months later when amd drops.

this will be fun to watch, I expect nvidia to hold the performance crown. Maybe we will get 8k gaming

AMD* bowed out of high end GPU performance after nikkas ignored the 290 :lolbron: they go for high performance:price first on the GPU side now.

Once they went that route their GPUs were dead to me, but I understood where they were coming from.

Just wish NV didn’t have free reign in the high end market

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMA

MMA

Superstar
Daps
AND bowed out of high end GPU performance after nikkas ignored the 290 :lolbron: they go for high performance:price first on the GPU side now.

Once they went that route their GPUs were dead to me, but I understood where they were coming from.

Just wish NV didn’t have free reign in the high end market
Yeah we’ll see it sounds promising but I’m in agreement with you.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I listed my GTX 1070 on eBay for $175 and it sold a couple hours later. I knew no one would be paying over $200 for it at this point. I just am waiting for the price of the 3060 or 70 to jump ship.