The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Forgive the clutter and wires, but I wanted to post this. I just bought a USB->SDL cable on eBay so I can connect my 33-year-old IBM Model M keyboard directly to my 2019 PC without a bunch of adapters.
Here it is in front of my 38" LG Ultragear

JkApszs.jpg
I am enjoy the g950g far more than cr9 (too much screen for the close distance gaming), 37-38UW is the sweet spot.

You have to play rdr2 or exodus on it :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I am enjoy the g950g far more than cr9 (too much screen for the close distance gaming), 37-38UW is the sweet spot.

You have to play rdr2 or exodus on it :wow:
I have to admit, for about a week I was using an low-end 40" 4K TV as a monitor, and by the time I stepped up to the 38" Ultrawide I actually had a little buyer's remorse because I was used to the extra screen size. But going from 30Hz to 144Hz is pretty impressive.

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I have to admit, for about a week I was using an low-end 40" 4K TV as a monitor, and by the time I stepped up to the 38" Ultrawide I actually had a little buyer's remorse because I was used to the extra screen size. But going from 30Hz to 144Hz is pretty impressive.
I enjoy bigger displays for gaming more too but than I'd rather use a controller than a keyboard and mouse. With UW it's more for productivity > pleasure
It is overpriced too compared to the rest of lg monitor lineup. What happens when there's no competition. :manny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I enjoy bigger displays for gaming more too but than I'd rather use a controller than a keyboard and mouse. With UW it's more for productivity > pleasure
It is overpriced too compared to the rest of lg monitor lineup. What happens when there's no competition. :manny:
Yeah, they say that other than the fact that it only has HDMI inputs, the LG C9 TV would be bigger, cheaper, and BETTER as a monitor. (Unless oled burn in is still a problem)

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bought a laser printer. I'm loving it. I rarely print stuff and it seems like my inkjet is always either running out of ink or the pages smear.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Been selling off my old routers. Sold one of my RT-AC88Us and I'm selling my Nighthawk X10. Bought the RT-AX89X and am using it in AiMesh with my other RT-AC88U. If I get my asking price on FB I'll likely sell that second router and just go down to the one.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Laser printers are basically almost always the smart way to go. Cost more up front but u save more on the backend.
It didn't cost much. Just a cheap model that was like $80. It comes with a starter cartridge that does like 700 prints.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I hope Comet Lake flops
I saw that was coming out, Gen 10 I believe right. Had me tempted but I think mine works just fine for a Gen 7. I was telling my boy about it and he said he still about a year or two away from wanting to build a new rig. Said he might get a 3080ti instead first. I was thinking about seeing what I could upgrade on my build this year but unemployment and corona might ruin that. We were talking about pc compatibilty and he said it wont matter with the motherboard cuz pcie been around forever so upgrading gpu shouldnt be an issue. not sure about cpu tho. Guess it depends on if it takes that type of chip or the socket type.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Bought a laser printer. I'm loving it. I rarely print stuff and it seems like my inkjet is always either running out of ink or the pages smear.

Laser printers are basically almost always the smart way to go. Cost more up front but u save more on the backend.

Not sure that's still true.
The new "ink tank" style printers don't need new ink for YEARS. Sometimes the ink clogs up and you have to run it through a cleaning cycle, but they days of buying expensive ink cartridges should be over.
Canon PIXMA G1200 Cost-Effective MegaTank Inkjet Printer|Canon Online Store

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I saw that was coming out, Gen 10 I believe right. Had me tempted but I think mine works just fine for a Gen 7. I was telling my boy about it and he said he still about a year or two away from wanting to build a new rig. Said he might get a 3080ti instead first. I was thinking about seeing what I could upgrade on my build this year but unemployment and corona might ruin that. We were talking about pc compatibilty and he said it wont matter with the motherboard cuz pcie been around forever so upgrading gpu shouldnt be an issue. not sure about cpu tho. Guess it depends on if it takes that type of chip or the socket type.

Your Friend is smart, wait for Intel 7nm