The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just picked up another Drobo unit, got the 5N2 NAS unit. Had only 2 left on the east coast, fam in GA came through and snagged it for me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
it won't run Arma 3 :camby:

I'm also not the one waiting for upcoming console prices to make a decision about my PC. if the new consoles are $100 each, I'll still be a PC gamer

pc game the gawd

haven't spent a dollar buying games since i joined the pc gang

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Made a flop thread not knowing this was here :snoop:

I'm looking to get a laptop for the first time in like 6 years. My last one was a gift that I knew nothing about and really wasn't built to make music the way I used it and eventually stopped being useful altogether.

All my research on best laptops for music production generally points to either a Macbook, Surface Pro, or top tier gaming laptop, all of which are too expensive, or one of seemingly 8,000 laptops that seem to measure out more or less the same. I've gained some idea about specs, but I still don't know if I need an i5 or i7 processor or how much RAM/SSD space I need to properly function. I'm tryna keep it around $600, but I'll go up to around $800 if I really need to. Help me out brehs