The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I still got an 8700k but next CPU will probably be Ryzen :russ:

im still rocking 3770k :wow: I havnt updated my PC in so long everytime im about to I just end up flying to vegas and gambling it away anyway :russ: its just not that important to me anymore I really dont play much more than a few days at best

I notice all the streamers still use intel though and swear by it saying Ryzen isnt good for streaming :ld: but i mean if you arent a streamer i guess it shouldnt matter

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im still rocking 3770k :wow: I havnt updated my PC in so long everytime im about to I just end up flying to vegas and gambling it away anyway :russ: its just not that important to me anymore I really dont play much more than a few days at best

I notice all the streamers still use intel though and swear by it saying Ryzen isnt good for streaming :ld: but i mean if you arent a streamer i guess it shouldnt matter

Working from home I think I'm gonna catch the upgrade bug again soon :francis: I forgot how much those high frames do to a game. But yea no streaming for me, I just need max performance in games. That 3080ti gonna be mine :wow:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Ryzen is great at streaming and all around workloads, where it suffers is getting the maximum amount of frames in games.

In most cases it's 5-10 percent behind Intel in certain games at 1080p.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Ryzen is great at streaming and all around workloads, where it suffers is getting the maximum amount of frames in games.

In most cases it's 5-10 percent behind Intel in certain games at 1080p.
Oh ok. Im pretty much watching 8-10 hours of twitch a day :russ:its pretty much took over tv for me honestly. These gta rp streams are wild :wow: just heard a few big streamers complaining about it

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So you can hear a significant difference?
Yes, I do. The background is so quiet, which is very noticeable. Then, that let's you hear some micro phonics that you wouldn't have heard before. I was listening to some of my favorite songs, and I was hearing sounds I never heard before on the tracks.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
what are some great pc games?

I have Madden 20, gta V, forza horizan 4

Gave my ps4 to my nieces and nephew since this pandemic is going on

Doom 2016; Doom Eternal, The Outer Worlds, Gears 5, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order regarding single player games.

Multiplayer games would be CS Go; Division 2,
GTFO, Insurgency Sandstorm, Uno, Project Winter.

Me and my boys(we all black and chill dudes), we be on the weekends gaming. We'll be on this weekend playing Project Winter; Uno, and maybe GTFO. If you need folks to game w/, feel free to add me on Steam(Oasis2092) or Discord(Oasis2012).

MMA

Superstar
Daps
did everyone abandon intel or what
Nope - most of my personal systems are AMD but Intel line up/price point fits for what it is up against with ryzen. The 10980xe, the 10th gen i9's are on par or almost on par with the 9900k in gaming.
Also resell value for Intel is much better if that matters to you.
I like to keep to up with the prices of all of my hobbies; lost probably 60-70% of value buying ryzen/threadripper chips brand new. With intel, closer to 20-30% since 2017.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Forgive the clutter and wires, but I wanted to post this. I just bought a USB->SDL cable on eBay so I can connect my 33-year-old IBM Model M keyboard directly to my 2019 PC without a bunch of adapters.
Here it is in front of my 38" LG Ultragear

JkApszs.jpg