The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I think 2 out of 3 of the display ports on my 1070 have died...Is this normal? I've had it since 2017. My hdmi port still rocking, but my monitor just went to "no connection detected" I tried switching cables, switching inputs and concluded my monitor works fine. I switched to the 3rd display port on my 1070 and it works. If the 3rd port dies is that an excuse to upgrade? :lupe:
Turns out that it may be a power issue. It just happened again after leaving my pc running overnight. I returned to it doing the same thing this morning. To fix I powered all the way down, turned off power to the psu, unplugged cables to each monitor, and unplugged cable to the power supply. Let everything sit unplugged for 30 seconds before putting everything back together. I went back to using display port 1 and powered back up. Everything is working again. :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just grabbed a Steelcase Leap chair V2 from my job as there was literally dozens upon dozens of them just sitting around being unused after contractors left and were moved to another building. This shyt is so damn comfortable Idk why I waited. I use one at work everyday and it's very comfortable and I can sit down for hours without getting uncomfortable.

20190726_133850-1.jpg

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Just answered the question before I posted. Thanks.

I think i'll combine the Samsung 1 TB M.2 Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive and the WD Black 500 GB ($39) Western Digital BLACK SERIES 500 GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

My build so far: System Builder

Still need to get a case, power supply and monitor.

Thanks but I already bought all the other stuff except the drives. Money isn't really an object, I just don't want to go all out since I don't really game too much.

I think I'll do that and get a 1 TB. Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Should have bought everything at once smh. I'm spreading this out too far.

This stock market crash for me looking at stocks instead of my PC build.

So that's what I'm going to do. The drive, case, power supply, monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
For some damn reason every time I try to play a game after a little while my screens just go blank. It’s like my monitor is losing the connection to my card. I can still hear sound. I looked at event viewer and it said my driver failed. So I I talked an older driver and the same thing happened

I then uninstalled the old driver using DDU and did a clean install of the new GeForce driver and it still failed after a few minutes of gaming. ALL of my other drivers are up to date and my bios. Any clue as to what is causing this driver to keep failing. I have a asus rog 1080 gpu

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
For some damn reason every time I try to play a game after a little while my screens just go blank. It’s like my monitor is losing the connection to my card. I can still hear sound. I looked at event viewer and it said my driver failed. So I I talked an older driver and the same thing happened

I then uninstalled the old driver using DDU and did a clean install of the new GeForce driver and it still failed after a few minutes of gaming. ALL of my other drivers are up to date and my bios. Any clue as to what is causing this driver to keep failing. I have a asus rog 1080 gpu

Do you hear your fans spinning up loud just before this happens? Maybe you're overheating? I used to have a lot of heat problems with my last PC. I had to use software to manually turn up my fan speeds BEFORE launching a game in order to prevent it from having problems as the load increased.

Rayzah

Daps
Do you hear your fans spinning up loud just before this happens? Maybe you're overheating? I used to have a lot of heat problems with my last PC. I had to use software to manually turn up my fan speeds BEFORE launching a game in order to prevent it from having problems as the load increased.
Not normally but there was two occasions yesterday when my games crashed to desktop , or when the screen went blank the fans started spinning real loud. But it was after it had crashed. I have 3 fans on the front of the case. On fan on the side, the cpu has two fans liquid cooled on the top. The GPU has two fans and the power supply has a fan. I mean shouldn’t that be more than enough to keep it cool

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Not normally but there was two occasions yesterday when my games crashed to desktop , or when the screen went blank the fans started spinning real loud. But it was after it had crashed. I have 3 fans on the front of the case. On fan on the side, the cpu has two fans liquid cooled on the top. The GPU has two fans and the power supply has a fan. I mean shouldn’t that be more than enough to keep it cool

Try this:
Use "speedfan" or some similar software to crank up the fan speed to the maximum before launching the game. If you don't get the "driver error" then, you know that the errors were caused by overheating.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Also, make sure these fans aren't covered in dust. That will do it.

Rayzah

Daps
Try this:
Use "speedfan" or some similar software to crank up the fan speed to the maximum before launching the game. If you don't get the "driver error" then, they you know that the errors were caused by overheating.
I determined it was my GPU.. I did a clean install of the drivers, I did a virus.malware scan, I did a registry clean up, hell I even did a pc reset and upgraded to pro.. and still have the same damn problem.. so I switched to the onboard card and no crashes:wow:

I tested with the same game I was having problems with and I had no issues with the onboard card... SO........ I said fukk it and bought a 208ti:yeshrug:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn this is turning into a headache:

1. Purchased Disco Elysium for $40 to try PC gaming since I heard the game was good.
  2. Realized the integrated graphics card in my PC is outdated and the framerate/graphics suck as a result
  3. Bought a Nvidia Graphics Card online
  4. Received Graphics Card and it wouldn't fit. Now realize what a Low Profile Graphics Card is, and that I need to get one of those instead
  5. Order a Low Profile Graphics Card
  6. Decide to instead sign up for GeForce Now to skip the Graphic Card issues virtually
  7. GeForce now has the exact same issues (main character's head not loading for example so it is just an empty suit interacting with the world smh)
  8. Waiting patiently for my Low Profile Graphic Card to arrive.
Now I see why I stuck to consoles as a kid lol

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’m gonna be moving out of state once quarantine is over. This got me thinking, how the hell do I move my water cooled PC? I’m obviously gonna drain it, but do I need to uninstall all the tubing? I think I probably should, but I don’t want to. :patrice:

Maybe some padding everywhere? :jbhmm:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I’m gonna be moving out of state once quarantine is over. This got me thinking, how the hell do I move my water cooled PC? I’m obviously gonna drain it, but do I need to uninstall all the tubing? I think I probably should, but I don’t want to. :patrice:

Maybe some padding everywhere? :jbhmm:
Damn, you're leaving Houston :mjcry: But with the tubing, I think you do have to uninstall them

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Damn this is turning into a headache:

1. Purchased Disco Elysium for $40 to try PC gaming since I heard the game was good.
  2. Realized the integrated graphics card in my PC is outdated and the framerate/graphics suck as a result
  3. Bought a Nvidia Graphics Card online
  4. Received Graphics Card and it wouldn't fit. Now realize what a Low Profile Graphics Card is, and that I need to get one of those instead
  5. Order a Low Profile Graphics Card
  6. Decide to instead sign up for GeForce Now to skip the Graphic Card issues virtually
  7. GeForce now has the exact same issues (main character's head not loading for example so it is just an empty suit interacting with the world smh)
  8. Waiting patiently for my Low Profile Graphic Card to arrive.
Now I see why I stuck to consoles as a kid lol

tenor.gif

Integrated graphics on pc's in 2020...