The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Could be CPU. This is my issue with AMD CPU’s. Great for productivity and rendering but not really touching Intel for gaming as of now.
Could be but the 3700X is really nice. I got 100fps on average with the 5700XT at 3440x1440. He hasn't upgrade to the 3700X but I think he's waiting for the 4000 series.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Anybody can give me an idea of what I should be looking for in a work laptop? No games will be played on it. around 6 to 800 budget.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Anybody know how to use two different audio devices on a dual monitor setup? I want one monitor for my computer speakers and one monitor for my gaming headset ?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anybody know how to use two different audio devices on a dual monitor setup? I want one monitor for my computer speakers and one monitor for my gaming headset ?
Different audio at the same time? If not, you can click the speaker icon on the task bar and select your audio source. I use a Chord Async setting when controlled by Roon (a music app) and ASUS soundcard for my computer speakers. In Roon, I was able to have that software control the audio source. When Roon is off, the audio source reverts back to my sound card. Roon costs money and is only for playing music. I think JRiver may work as well, though I've never tried

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I started playing Disco Elysium and the game is unplayable with its standard settings and kinda laggy when I use the low graphics settings. More importantly, characters are sometimes unviewable on screen. I realize now that I need to buy a graphics card that was created within the last 5 years instead of the integrated video card that came with my desktop. My computer outside of the graphics card is good (i7 2600) & the game isn't too taxing graphically so hopefully the $90 GeForce GT 1030 does the trick.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This is what happens when I’ve been quarantined too long. I did my first game room setup project. What y’all think?

Nerd Specs
Case: Thermaltake
Board: Asus ROG Astrix Z390-E
Processor: Intel I9
Video Card: GTX 1080
Fan: cooler Master

Apple iMac
Acer 24’ predator monitors
Nintendo switch
PS4
Apple MacBook 13’
iPad Pro
And some Phillip hue lights

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
This is what happens when I’ve been quarantined too long. I did my first game room setup project. What y’all think?

Nerd Specs

Apple iMac
Nintendo switch
PS4
Apple MacBook 13’
iPad Pro

This should be my next project. Right now, my game room is a cluttered mess.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nerd Specs

Apple iMac
Nintendo switch
PS4
Apple MacBook 13’
iPad Pro

Clean as fukk
:noah:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This should be my next project. Right now, my game room is a cluttered mess.

I wish I would have done a “before” pic. I just came home from 2 years overseas and my room looked like shyt. I was looking at all them techsource and random Frank p set up videos and was like, there is no reason I shouldn’t be able to do something like this. I finished just before the mandatory quarantine started.