The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What u think about this bro? U think this official or some benchmark shyt that won’t translate real world?
DirectX 12 Ultimate Mesh Shaders Tested on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & Xbox Series X
It's hard to tell. The Series X will most certainly be more optimized than what is possible on pc (as there are too many variables). If the industry likes the new features, their use will grow. I expect it to be better on the Series X at the beginning, but as new generations of pc gpus come out, they will be better.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U were getting this issue?

My last monitor(Dell 27inch 144hz) would randomly black out for a second every so often. Now this monitor just goes black and has to be turned off and on or it goes weird like in the video.

Seems like this issue so far has been solved most likely from a mixture of using DDU and re-seating my GPU. it didn't do it when I bought the 5700XT for testing and when I switched back to the 1070, I realized I haven't had the issue in over a week despite it used to happened quite frequently throughout the day.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I think 2 out of 3 of the display ports on my 1070 have died...Is this normal? I've had it since 2017. My hdmi port still rocking, but my monitor just went to "no connection detected" I tried switching cables, switching inputs and concluded my monitor works fine. I switched to the 3rd display port on my 1070 and it works. If the 3rd port dies is that an excuse to upgrade? :lupe:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

It never fails. Every time I'm forced to upgrade Windows 10 half of my USB ports stop working. I can't stand this shyt.

fukking trash man

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

It never fails. Every time I'm forced to upgrade Windows 10 half of my USB ports stop working. I can't stand this shyt.

fukking trash man
Check your device manager and try uninstalling/reinstalling USB 3.1 extensible devices. At my job we use HP Elitebook's and I can bet almost daily I get an incident about USB ports randomly stop working on the laptop or the docking stations. I'd also check on updating the BIOS if there's any new ones. I've seen a BIOS update fix an issue that seemed unrelated.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think 2 out of 3 of the display ports on my 1070 have died...Is this normal? I've had it since 2017. My hdmi port still rocking, but my monitor just went to "no connection detected" I tried switching cables, switching inputs and concluded my monitor works fine. I switched to the 3rd display port on my 1070 and it works. If the 3rd port dies is that an excuse to upgrade? :lupe:
Yes.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@spliz
@2gunsup

The Microcenter hustle seems to have gotten tricky. My and my boy went to Microcenter in Brooklyn(shyt took 30 minutes from Jersey to get there due to this shyt!) to replace his 34 inch Alienware monitor. Nothing was wrong with it, he just wanted to swap it with this 49" AOC 32:9 5120x1440 HDR400 monitor. The guy behind the register asks him what's wrong with the monitor and my boy says nothing and that he just wants to upgrade. Ole boy went :stop: "You can't do that, that's not how it works."

I jump in like "Since when? We've been doing this for years at Microcenter tho..."

The guy is like it doesn't work like that there has to be something wrong with it. The manager comes in and says that since he bought it since Nov 2018 that he can't return it it has to be something wrong with it. My boy just says "Yeah it's something wrong it flickers sometimes". They offer to test it and do a stress test so we decide we ain't got time for all that shyt. Now we only went there because the monitor my boy wanted was out of stock in Paterson. My boy just buys the monitor and goes back with the old one and will try returning it at the Paterson store. I asked one of the brehs working in there hypothetically can we do that and he said "Well you gotta say something is wrong with it in a vague way."

shyt is crazy because I've returned many products and bought a new one just simply saying "Sure nothing is wrong with it." and walked away with no issue. Now I gotta come up with a vague and hard to reproduce error. Gotta go in on some "It's not working like it used to..." shyt.

The monitor is nice though. It's a VA panel so there's a loss in color but I told my boy to calibrate his settings. The only thing is now his 2080TI at least in COD with the same settings are dropping to around 60fps(first world problems.) I told him to lower some settings but these dudes ain't tryna hear that lol.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
@spliz
@2gunsup

The Microcenter hustle seems to have gotten tricky. My and my boy went to Microcenter in Brooklyn(shyt took 30 minutes from Jersey to get there due to this shyt!) to replace his 34 inch Alienware monitor. Nothing was wrong with it, he just wanted to swap it with this 49" AOC 32:9 5120x1440 HDR400 monitor. The guy behind the register asks him what's wrong with the monitor and my boy says nothing and that he just wants to upgrade. Ole boy went :stop: "You can't do that, that's not how it works."

I jump in like "Since when? We've been doing this for years at Microcenter tho..."

The guy is like it doesn't work like that there has to be something wrong with it. The manager comes in and says that since he bought it since Nov 2018 that he can't return it it has to be something wrong with it. My boy just says "Yeah it's something wrong it flickers sometimes". They offer to test it and do a stress test so we decide we ain't got time for all that shyt. Now we only went there because the monitor my boy wanted was out of stock in Paterson. My boy just buys the monitor and goes back with the old one and will try returning it at the Paterson store. I asked one of the brehs working in there hypothetically can we do that and he said "Well you gotta say something is wrong with it in a vague way."

shyt is crazy because I've returned many products and bought a new one just simply saying "Sure nothing is wrong with it." and walked away with no issue. Now I gotta come up with a vague and hard to reproduce error. Gotta go in on some "It's not working like it used to..." shyt.

The monitor is nice though. It's a VA panel so there's a loss in color but I told my boy to calibrate his settings. The only thing is now his 2080TI at least in COD with the same settings are dropping to around 60fps(first world problems.) I told him to lower some settings but these dudes ain't tryna hear that lol.
What is his settings?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Check your device manager and try uninstalling/reinstalling USB 3.1 extensible devices. At my job we use HP Elitebook's and I can bet almost daily I get an incident about USB ports randomly stop working on the laptop or the docking stations. I'd also check on updating the BIOS if there's any new ones. I've seen a BIOS update fix an issue that seemed unrelated.
When this happens, I basically go to Device Manager, uninstall USB ports, then restart my computer.

Windows 10 installs the drivers on its own, but it's annoying because it's trial and error when it comes to getting them reinstalled. My Elgado and my wireless route stop working when I this happens to my USB3.0 ports, so it's not like I can just ignore it. Luckily I have 2 mice connected to my computer at all times.

Just woke up to my machine saying there's another updated I should install

:what:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When this happens, I basically go to Device Manager, uninstall USB ports, then restart my computer.

Windows 10 installs the drivers on its own, but it's annoying because it's trial and error when it comes to getting them reinstalled. My Elgado and my wireless route stop working when I this happens to my USB3.0 ports, so it's not like I can just ignore it. Luckily I have 2 mice connected to my computer at all times.

Just woke up to my machine saying there's another updated I should install

:what:
I'd check your PC's chipset drivers from the manufacturer's site and download them. Disconnect from the internet, uninstall the current one Windows installed and delete driver , reboot, install the ones you downloaded and then reconnect to the internet. Maybe Windows is downloading a generic driver that has issues? :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is his settings?
He had pretty much everything on the max settings and Ray tracing was turned off. I told him to lower the Anti-aliasing setting and the resolution scale. That is the most taxing setting. Setting it to at least 85~90% can increase the FPS by double digits.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
He had pretty much everything on the max settings and Ray tracing was turned off. I told him to lower the Anti-aliasing setting and the resolution scale. That is the most taxing setting. Setting it to at least 85~90% can increase the FPS by double digits.
Fam my gameplay is between 90-110 fps with those same settings. Depending on the map. Does he have HDR on or something? He has a 2080ti right?

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fam my gameplay is between 90-110 fps with those same settings. Does he have HDR on or something? He has a 2080ti right?
Yeah a 2080 TI/2700X. I was playing and his FPS was in the 60~75 range. HDR was on. I didn't really test with it off. He didn't seem to mind :yeshrug:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'd check your PC's chipset drivers from the manufacturer's site and download them. Disconnect from the internet, uninstall the current one Windows installed and delete driver , reboot, install the ones you downloaded and then reconnect to the internet. Maybe Windows is downloading a generic driver that has issues? :yeshrug:
Breh, I've done all that. This MB is old, and for whatever reason the USB3.0 drivers for it aren't available online because it lets Windows 10 install them by default. What you described is sort of how I do it, without downloading anything because from what I've researched, there aren't any drivers to get.

Once I uninstall them in the right order after updating, when I reboot, Windows 10 eventually figures it out and installs the right ones and everything works. It's just tedious and annoying as hell doing this every time I update the machine. Mainly because the process is trial and error.