The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need a clip on mirror for my desk. My desk is against the wall with my door behind me and I can't see/hear when someone comes in if I got my headphones on :skip:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
OH! I just got a new answer to this. My manager told us to work from home until further notice, so I just picked this up yesterday and it's great:

5b4e070600dfbe1474fa312e-0-large

For work usage, the MX Master 3 is better because the "electromagnetic" scroll wheel is amazing technology. If you scroll it slowly it moves in steps, but if you scroll it fast it becomes almost totally frictionless for scrolling down long pages.
But, for EVERTHING, I would pick the G903 HERO edition. It still has the old fashioned "locking/unlocking" scroll wheel, so because of that the MX Master 3 is better for office use, but the G903 Hero just feels like the smoothest mouse I've ever used. To me, it feels much more comfortable than my old G502 "gaming" mouse.
The older non-HERO version is much cheaper. I haven't used that one.

Edit:
I'm reading that the old non-HERO version of this had garbage battery life, so I would get the new one for that reason alone.

I have the mouse pictured with the wireless charging pad. You just keep your mouse of the mouse pad and it never needs to be plugged in. I've had mine for a year or 2, and I have never had to charge it once :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I have the mouse pictured with the wireless charging pad. You just keep your mouse of the mouse pad and it never needs to be plugged in. I've had mine for a year or 2, and I have never had to charge it once :wow:

I'm using this right now...Its easily my favorite mouse of all time.
If it had the MX Master's scroll wheel, it would be :blessed:.
I'm guessing maybe that might make it *slightly* less suitable for using the scroll wheel to switch weapons, and since its marketed as a gamer mouse that's more important to its target audience. But other than the scroll wheel I would actually prefer to use this "gamer" mouse at work over my MX Master.

As for the charging pad, that's about as expensive as the mouse itself! Just to fix a problem that was already fixed by giving the mouse a bigger battery in the latest version. I've been using this for working from home all day for the past two days, and I'm still at 96% power without recharging.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man sometimes Windows does weird things.
idk how long my setting changed but for some reason my refresh rate was set to 60hz at 3440X1440 instead of my custom refresh rate of 115hz(monitor is a MSI Optix Mag341CQ 100HZ).
I'm playing Gears 5 and I notice the game feels awfully sluggish and I see screen tearing but my FPS is up. Now this has happened with Gears independent of my screen setting but looking at the monitor options I see it says 60hz, check windows aha it's set to 60hz. No wonder why when I played the RE3 demo I felt the game was off but I didn't know my settings changed unbeknownst to me. :mjlol:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Got the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and I'm aiming to get the ASRock Taichi next. But, apparently, a lot of Phanteks cases are sold out right now (the 400A been out of stock for a minute), so I deciding on the NZXT H510i or the Fractal Design Meshify C. SSD prices went up again, despite most except Samsung were down in price last winter. Hopefully they'll go back down again soon.

The hardest one to decide on is the GPU due to the new ones coming in soon. :snoop:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Playing Doom Eternal on my 970.

Every other developer needs to bow down. This shyt runs butter smooth and looks amazing.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Cool Half-Life Alyx thread :mjlol:

Between that and Doom Eternal (and I'm playing through RDR 2 at the moment....about 50% done with the story), we're eating good in these corona times :ehh: