The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very nice breh.:obama: OK. I added to my computer shopping list on amazon. I got this monitor for $230 on sale, plus with my $45 certificate at best buy, came down to $198.
I just came back from Microcenter and it's $349 right now.

I just bought a 500GB NVME SSD(Inland). My current system is giving me some issues right now such as boot up suddenly is taking forever(like I haven't even been able to test how long it takes to actually boot up). It probably takes over 30 minutes or something to load suddenly. It doesn't do it in safe mode and I just decided to reinstall it but I will do that on the NVME.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I just came back from Microcenter and it's $349 right now.

I just bought a 500GB NVME SSD(Inland). My current system is giving me some issues right now such as boot up suddenly is taking forever(like I haven't even been able to test how long it takes to actually boot up). It probably takes over 30 minutes or something to load suddenly. It doesn't do it in safe mode and I just decided to reinstall it but I will do that on the NVME.
Good stuff. I was looking at NVME SSD, but I just bought 2 4TB HDDs for storage, so I'll hold up on that for now. Ever since I got my gaming PC with 2TB HDD and 240 GB SSD, it's so fast. When I booted up my old desktop to copy data, how slow it loaded, I made the :scust:face. I can never go back yo. :russ:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just cleaned out my SSD which was my primary drive before and now got Win 10 up and running on my new NVME drive with a fresh install. Loads up windows FAST. I thought my PC didn't post I just pressed the power button, my monitor was still black and like 10 seconds later I'm at the login screen.

Moving over some games to my SSD and then maybe one or two games onto the NVME. Modern Warfare was on my old 7200RPM Sata drive which will be blazing hip hop & R&B with this new NVME.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk if anyone on here has this problem but I've had it for years and I finally found a fix for it.

Problem:When using a HDMI receiver with a HDMI cable plugged into your graphics card for audio on Windows 10, there's this annoying audio delay of about half a second to a second. This is noticeable when you try to do something that requires UAC and the little notification sound is almost cut off because of the delay. Typically once the sound is playing nothing is wrong but at the start of anything with audio the first second or so is usually missed.

I used a workaround on my last installation that involved some program that basically played an inaudible sound to keep the sound in sync but since my W10 was reinstalled I lost it.

To find the specific registry key you must change to enable the fix mentioned in the post above do the following.

Open Device Manager. Open "Sound, video and game controllers" then open "NVIDIA High Definition Audio".

Once Nvidia HDA is opened click on the "Details" tab. Scroll down to the 10th value "Class Guid". Right click on that value and copy it. Paste it into notepad.

My value looks like this "{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}", just to give you an idea of what you are looking for.

Now take the string below and paste it into notepad also.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\YOUR CLASS GUID VALUE GOES HERE\0000\PowerSettings

Replace the part that says "YOUR CLASS GUID VALUE GOES HERE" with the value you saved to notepad a moment ago.

Mine looks like this...

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\PowerSettings

Take the new entry you created in notepad and paste it into the 'address bar' in regedit. Run regedit by right clicking the start menu and clicking run. Then type regedit and hit enter.

When you paste your entry into regedit it will take you to the appropriate key.

There you must change the value of the following 3 keys.

ConservationIdleTime IdlePowerState PerformanceIdleTime

All three keys should have the value "00 00 00 00" minus the quotes. Change them by right clicking on the name and selecting modify. A window will pop up. Use the delete key to delete current values and replace by hitting zero on keyboard. Don't worry about the 4 zeroes on the left or the ". . . ." on the right. All you need to change are the digits in the center so they read "00 00 00 00". The only keys you need to use for this are delete and zero.

After you finish close regedit and reboot your computer at your convenience.

The next time you reboot the very first sound played will have the first 500ms or so missing, but from that point on your HDA device will maintain its connection with the AVR and no more dropouts will occur. I found a good way to initialize the HDA device is have Windows play a start up sound.
{{MetaTags.og.title}}

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So my homegirl gave her daughter her laptop yesterday and she seemed excited when she opened it but let's see how long that lasts. I tried installing fortnite on there for her and after finally getting it to download, I got a storage error. It said it need 70gb of storage and there was only 37gb available and the whole thing had like 52gb :mindblown:. I told her that maybe an external hard drive might help but with these low as performance standards on the machine, definitely won't be the same as on their Xbox one s. I don't see the interest in that laptop lasting too long.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just wanted something that was portable... most of the laptops that I can afford are either 2060RTX or 1660ti GTX. I don’t even know the difference really.
It's an alright price. You can't compare the price of a desktop to the price of a laptop, as laptops cost more because of the size of the components.

The difference between a 2060 and a 1660 is RTX features. The 2060 has RTX features (real time ray tracing, etc), while the 1660 does not.

I want to mention that, for most cases, a gaming laptop is only really good in theory. You will likely not play your laptop on a plane, you won't play it in your hotel room, you won't play it at work. With a desktop, you can get so much more for the same price.